Weird food cravings..

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Guinea and Chicken raiser, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Guinea and Chicken raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    I was originally asking Am I weird for liking raw sliced onion with barbecue sauce (which means non-sweet onions), I can eat sweet onions without barbecue sauce.

and the barbecue sauce tastes better a bit nuked, right? and the onion not cooked...

I even made a raw onion and melted cheese sandwich, where the cheese melted over the onion and it was good. ;) just two pieces of bread with only that between them. Wasnt' sure if I should have tooken a picture of that or something. I didn't though.

I looked at the barbecue sauce ingredients. There is no pepper or onion in it, but there is garlic in it. I dont suggest them adding onion in the bottle mixed. It's just like having cheddar cheese sauce for your broccoli. ;) Which I don't like cheddar cheese and I dont have cheese with broccoli or cauliflour. There's a bunch more ingredients in the barbecue sauce, should I have listed them all or just say the brand?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Not at all, I love onion. I love raw onion sandwiches with mayo and mustard! I would add some bean and wienies to that bbq sauce :) yum!

1 person likes this.
  3. cjwaldon

cjwaldon Overrun With Chickens

Sep 11, 2011
    Missouri, USA
    My Coop
    Ok, that's a new one.

What's weird is breakfast cereal with water, sliced raw onion and sliced raw bell pepper.

2 people like this.
  4. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    "Am I weird for liking sliced raw onion with barbecue sauce?"

Yes :)

1 person likes this.
  5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    No, not weird at all. I love onions and would surely try it myself. Raw onion and cheese sandwich is delicious as well.

6. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana

i have cereal with water... it's what lactose-intolerant people do. I'm not really that way, but I tried it a few times off and on. Some cereals, it's not bad, some it does not work. Why don't you try it? You can't knock it till you try it.

7. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    I even can eat a whole raw bell pepper, like an apple. ;) and I ate sliced jalopeno peppers myself too a few times. I should've re-worded this thread.. lmao...changed. don't eat the seeds of bell pepper though.. i wouldn't try it.

I only had the sandwich once, but i miss it. but it does give you onion breathe a few hrs later. ;)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  8. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    cheese on toast with strawberry jam once the cheese as melted spread the jam [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. My mom got me started on that one, and I can't even get DH to try it. Smooth peanut butter on one slice of bread, butter on the other, and sliced sweet pickles between them (bread and butter or dill pickles just don't work for this one, at least not for me). Yum!

Also, a lot of people think baked sweet potatoes with sour cream is weird. The first time we had baked sweet potatoes when I was a kid, I figured we should put sour cream on them because that's what we put on regular baked potatoes. I've been doing it ever since.

1 person likes this.
  10. KBlue

KBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are awesome.

My sister used to put orange juice in her cereal when she was younger. She also liked her eggs with ketchup.

I like my eggs with peanut butter!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by