1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Weird kid....but I love him

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EKC Farms in the desert, Nov 16, 2011.

1. EKC Farms in the desert

EKC Farms in the desert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    New River, AZ
    So I am baby sitting my friends 2 1/2 year old (today and tomorrow) I love the kid so much!! He is on a strict diet because he was born with only 1 kidney and now that kidney is in stage 3 of failure. Well anyways... for breakfast I fixed him scrambled eggs and beans. I also gave him a few dehydrated banana slices. Well he ate a lof of the eggs and beans, then he started dipping the banana slices into the refried beans. Scooped up a big ole mouth full of them!! Does any one else's kid eat weird things??

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    My 2 year old likes everything with ketchup or barbeque sauce. She'll drink the stuff if I don't stop her. She also likes sardines, pickles, pickled eggs, and all sorts of things you wouldn't think of a toddler liking. [​IMG]
    My 9 month olds favorite things to eat so far seem to be a tie between dirt, leaves, paper, and sweet potatoes, lol.

3. EKC Farms in the desert

Aug 21, 2011
    New River, AZ
    At least your 9 month old gets nutrition from the sweet tater! LOL. I have never tried eating sardines. My DH and his family eat them. We got together for July 4th at the park and made sandwiches for lunch. A lot of them put sardines on theirs, but I skipped that part. My DH wants me to get some and try them with him. I keep "forgetting" at the store.

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    my six year old eats olives like there is no tomorrow. my oldest loves fried gizards and our son is just a all around picky eater.

5. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    My DH puts mayonnaise on EVERYTHING!!! And I do mean everything! I know he's not a kid, but he eats like one!!!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:for mine its hot sauce. Even on the hot wings .He never tastes anything before he hits it with the hot sauce.

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    When DS was a toddler, he loved raw green peppers. [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    My oldest was a ketchup freak, which isn't all that odd. But seeing him dip his green beans in the ketchup that was intended for his chicken nuggets was kind of weird.

Guess I should be happy that he was eating the green beans [​IMG]

9. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

Quote:for mine its hot sauce. Even on the hot wings .He never tastes anything before he hits it with the hot sauce.

x2. Franks Hot Sauce to be exact. I always give him a hard time, that I spent all this time cooking and he goes and pours hot sauce all over it. I keep telling him I might as well cook up some cardboard, and pour Franks all over it, and he wouldn't know the difference.

As for kids, my daughter would put ranch dressing on everything. Ugh, still can't stand the smell. Thankfully, she has toned that down a bit now.

10. EKC Farms in the desert

Aug 21, 2011
    New River, AZ
    For breakfast today he decided to take a spoon of beans and add some apple cinnamon oatmeal to it and then eat it. Im just glad he is eating. So I can't knock the boy...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by