Weird lump under gosling's bill

nymphadoraliz

In the Brooder
May 28, 2017
Cloquet, MN
Hello!
If you look at the pictures you'll see two sisters but the one closest has a lump that is starting to form. Is this something I should bring her in for? Something to keep an eye on? She's eating/drinking/playing just fine and it doesn't seem to bother her any.

She was born on April 20, 2017 so she's only 5 1/2 weeks old. None of the other birds (we have chickens, turkeys and ducks all about a month older than the goslings) have shown any of the same symptom.

Any help would be appreciated!
18765741_10213729489454748_3073683822911232230_n.jpg

18700206_10213729488974736_1265437101744725592_n.jpg

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.) Embden Gosling, 5 weeks, weighs the same as sisters
2) What is the behavior, exactly. Acts normal no pain or discomfort
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? just found it an hour ago
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? no
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. no
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. Nothing we're aware of
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. water and their normal feed (Sprout chick starter grower, nonmedicated)
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. same as it's always been
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? Nothing, just keeping an eye on it
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? I'll bring her in if it is something that is needed. I've not had goslings in many years so am not sure what this might be
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. above
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use wood shavings and hay

Last edited:
So this lump suddenly appeared yesterday and we removed her from the flock and kept her inside. She was having respiratory issues as if she was choking on something with hre tongue lolling out of her mouth and shaking her head hard.

It was really soft like a blister?

This morning? I checked on her in the box she slept in and she was ecstatic to see us lol. The lump is.....

GONE! It completely vanished. Everything looks normal, no hint of any sign of a lump or breathing issues.

I'm kind of wondering if maybe she got stung by a bee or swallowed a bee even as she loves plucking the heads off the dandelions. All I know is whatever it is is completely gone now and nothing is showing any concern any longer.

Back
Top Bottom