Weird mark on beak

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by csaylorchickens, Nov 16, 2015.

1. csaylorchickens

csaylorchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2015
    California
    My Coop
    I noticed an area on my chickens beak it's scab like and I touch it and it bled ever so little it's getting bigger. She also looks like she was molting. I lift up her feathers where she doesn't have feathers and she has the new pin coming in where the feather should be in the skin around the feathers looks a little flaky and dry. Her, slightly pale but not too bad. I just wasn't sure if I needed to be alarmed or worried. What is the on her beak?[​IMG]

2. csaylorchickens

Mar 8, 2015
    California
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Does it extend into her mouth? Check for any plaques or lesions in her mouth.

4. csaylorchickens

Mar 8, 2015
    California
    My Coop
    I didn't see it in her mouth. My vet sees "exotic animal" and chickens fall in that catagories lol so I made an appointment for next Monday she is eating fine. Pooping fine, poops are normL, she is even laying eggs and walking around normal.

5. csaylorchickens

Mar 8, 2015
    California
    My Coop
    The scab fell off BTW and she is still molting. She finally is starting to grow some feathers back. She hasn't laid an egg for over a month nkw due to molting :/ oh well lol at least she is ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by