Weird noise coming from the woods across the street!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kookykate328, Oct 6, 2011.

1. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    help me i have a forest across the street and a really weird noise is coming from it and we have no i idea what it is! it sounds almost like a chicken squauking weirdly like its scared it went on for a while. what could it be it scared me! btw there has been a chicken found in there b4 for some reason so i guess it could be another chicken

2. so lucky

so lucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    SE Missouri
    You can go on line to hear night animal sounds. Maybe you can identify the noise that way.

3. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    we looked it up and think its a fox sounds like distress or fighting

4. so lucky

so lucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    SE Missouri
    Just make sure your chickens are locked up tight![​IMG]

5. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote:Why didn't you just go look and see what it was? It could have been an animal in need that you could have helped?[​IMG]

6. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    Quote:Why didn't you just go look and see what it was? It could have been an animal in need that you could have helped?[​IMG]

ok now i feel bad! but it kinda scared me and i dont want to go into the woods at night to see if fox was in trouble bc it could have been foxes fighting or some other animal that i dont want to be alone with at night!

7. backwoodschick

backwoodschick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2011
    East TN
    A fox sounds like its screaming and can be scary, so can a bobcat, they sound like something killing something bobcats sounds more human than foxes but foxes are close, I hope you figure out what it is.

8. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    i hope its not a bobcat that would be weird since ive never seen a bobcat around here and i dont think they even live around me lol

9. blueggsandspam

blueggsandspam Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2011
    Almost Heaven
    Bobcats sound like babies squalling, very eery and chilling.

10. epeloquin

epeloquin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    Fishers (sometimes [incorrectly] called a fisher cat) make a pretty scary sound too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by