1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

weird or funny thing(s) you did with your chicken(s)

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by missourichickenmama, Aug 7, 2008.

1. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    once i accidentaly triped over one of my chickens, i
    said," sorry, are you all right?" what will the chicken do, say i'm o.k.? i always say that when i trip over or step on some one's foot so i just said it atomaticly with out thinking.

2. denahli

denahli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    when I was a little kid a RIR we had stopped laying and my dad said it was going in the pot if we were not getting eggs. I remember sitting indian style on the lawn holding and stroking her in my lap 'chicken whispering' to her to lay an egg.

Suddenly there was a "BERGOCK!" and an egg was right there on the grass. Our family still laughs about it.

[​IMG]

3. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    If she's not injured there's nothing to worry about. Chickens don't think like we do, so aren't going to hold a "grudge" or anything.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    This thread has PC written all over it - RUN - HIDE [​IMG]

6. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:i know that, it just poped out of my mouth. she is o.k.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

You guys make me feel normal! [​IMG] Just last week I took one of my Bantam Cochin chicks visiting with me. I have a few ill friends and I talk about my chickens a lot, so I took her with me to show her to the 90 year old ladies! They had a ball and my mom and DH thought I was NUTS!!!!!
    Ah well, these two ladies haven't stopped talking about it, and a lot of laughter.

(but I can say I stepped over Frieda and I picked her up to apologize...she is my simple full sized hen...not sure which of us is really the simple one! [​IMG] )

8. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    i hope this thread grows!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
  9. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Shhhh keep it down wildsky. The hairy purple monster might come out [​IMG]

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by