Weird Phone Calls

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by herfrds, Sep 29, 2010.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    It started over a year ago. I started getting calls from these diabetic supply companies. They were telling me that I had contacted them and they could give me a great deal on my supplies.

I'm not diabetic.

Finally got off of their lists and they stopped calling.

Starting up again this morning. A Sleep Therapty group this time.[​IMG]
    now it is going to start all over again.
    No idea of who is calling and e-mailing these companies, but if I ever find them I love to hang them from their thumbs.

Is there any way to find out who is doing this?
    the last person I asked said it was through the computor and no ID.

2. gettinaclue

gettinaclue Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Virginia
    Are you on the do not call list? I highly recommend it.

I also recommend the do not mail list. Makes the junk mail go away and reduces your chances of identity theft.

3. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Yes we are on the do not call list. That is what is surprising me.
    The person that called this morning said that they were contacting me per my request.

4. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

somebody want to torture you! One of my friends in high school received a lot of um... questionable catalogs.... in the mail at his home (where he lived with his parents) The content implied that he was into a lot of things that he truly wasn't into at all. It was very hard to convince his parents that it was someone pulling a prank, and impossible to prove WHO. Sorry it's happening, but really, it could be much worse!!!

5. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    i had a company calling me trying to enter me in a sweepstakes for a free cruise. they were calling my CELL PHONE!

[​IMG]

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

No caller id means fraud. An they now say that you contacted them because if you had they get to ignore the do not call list. Its a sham to get around the law an still randomly call people.

They are hopeing to get people that have bad memorys so they can call the next time an say there "order" was shipped. Thay have played this ruse on my grandmother more than once. $30 pin, $200 garbage bags.

Its a way to drain the elderlys accounts. They will even threaten to sue you.

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Each time you receive a call, ask them for specific company information such as Company Name, mailing address, website and email information. Then tell the person that you have never done business with them, that you did NOT contact them for information, that you DO NOT want them to contact you and that ANY further calls will cause you to report them for violating the DO NOT CALL restrictions.

Think about who, if anyone, you have told about these calls (complaints, rejoicing that they are no longer calling, etc.). Any chance any of these people would get jollies from a practical joke on you?

Any websites or computer programs you have joined/downloaded that might be medical related? Sometimes they have marketing disclaimers hidden in the boilerplate, and could get a phone number from registration information.

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    rebelcowboy, that is terrible!
    After my dad had his stroke, a magazine company kept sending him 'failure to renew' notices, and that if he did not reup, then they would send it to a collection agency. I think people who try to scare the elderly are just one notch above pedophiles.

...and now back to the scheduled thread.

9. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Not to be an alarmist but have you thought about getting your credit report to make sure no one has stolen your identity? There is a lot of medical fraud out there these days. You can get free credit reports once a year.

Also, when they call do they know your name or just say that they are calling at your request?

10. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    change your passwords and next time they call tell them you would sleep much better if they would bugger off!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by