Weird Poop of suspected sour crop advice please

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chick-habit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. chick-habit

chick-habit Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2016
    los angeles, ca
    2 mornings ago I noticed my 1 year old hen was a bit lethargic. I checked her crop and it felt like a water balloon. I tipped her over and a ton of liquid came out. That night we put her in a sick cage and held her food for 24 hours. At the end of 24 hours her crop had gone down a bit but I could still feel something towards the bottom, it felt like seeds or something. I began giving her plain Greek yogurt and her water has electrolights, baking soda, and vitamins. This morning when I checked on her her crop was almost totally empty but still slightly water balloony. She had laid an egg! But when I took her out of the sick cage she produced two strange poops. Can someone tell me what they mean? Right now I'm keeping her in the sick cage and feeding her yogurt she scrambled egg. Her energy seems a little better and we have a vet appointment on Tuesday. Today is Saturday.

2. chick-habit

May 11, 2016
    los angeles, ca
    [​IMG]

3. chick-habit

May 11, 2016
    los angeles, ca
    [​IMG]

4. chick-habit

May 11, 2016
    los angeles, ca
    Before those kinds of poops her poop was mostly white and liquidy with a solid black squiggle. I don't know what her poops looked like before I put her in the sick cage.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  5. chick-habit

May 11, 2016
    los angeles, ca
    Now she just did a combo of the two [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by