Weird question - ever had a electromyogram or NCV test done?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
electromyogram or nerve conduction velocity test done by a neurologist?

If so, how were you positioned on the table for the tests? Face up, face down or on your side?

Told ya it was a weird question, but I've searched the web and can't find answers.
tongue.png

Ditto - impinged nerves in neck/arm/wrist/hand...was a painful experience, that testing. Did it sitting and standing. Still can find what's causing it though. Good luck with whatever it is you're going in for!
PS - the pain stops pretty much as soon as the test does.

Well see, I already had one more than a year ago. I'm questioning whether it was performed correctly.
I have two verterbral hemangiomas on my spine, L1 and L5. My internist sent me to a neurologist to see how much if any nerve compression was being caused by the hemangiomas.
The neurologist only performed the tests with me on my stomach. The results showed some nerve compression at L5, the sciatic nerve.
The thing is, whenever the neuropathy (nerve pain & sensations) get too bad, I turn over on my stomach and that relieves it.
The worse neuropathies occur when I am laying on my right side. I don't even try to lay on my back anymore.
Seems to me, if the neurologist didn't test the nerves in all body positions - back, sides, and stomach - she didn't get an accurate or complete test result.
Is my thinking correct or off base?
I mentioned this to my internist, but he didn't make too much of it. I'm going to mention it to my rheumatologist at my next appt.
I'm sick and tired of my legs having a mind of their own.
sad.png

My mother had one done many years ago...She said it hurt very badly.
sad.png
Hope you dont have to go through it again..
I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time right now..
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thanks Red
smile.png

I just get real frustrated at times. Walking the pup today and my right leg decided to go one way and my left another. This left Grits on her OUCH!

Quote:
Thanks Red
smile.png

I just get real frustrated at times. Walking the pup today and my right leg decided to go one way and my left another. This left Grits on her OUCH!

Ken said he felt like he was burning up from the inside out. He made them stop.
hmm.png

Quote:
Thanks Red
smile.png

hmm.png

Funny, I found it to be painful but horribly so. I've dealt with worse pain. Guess maybe it depends on which nerves are irritated.
hu.gif

Quote:
hmm.png

Funny, I found it to be painful but horribly so. I've dealt with worse pain. Guess maybe it depends on which nerves are irritated.
hu.gif

He had nuclear medicine injected in him earlier for another test. I am assuming that is the effect. OUCH

Back
Top Bottom