Weird Red and Gray Spot on One of my eggs?

ChickenLove0812

Chirping
Jun 17, 2020
NC
Some of the eggs I got from the chickens tractor we boiled.
One of them had a big red and gray spot on it.
The rest of the egg white was a pale yellow color, Not white.
And it smelled strange. But the egg was not bad, it had been
collected recently and did not float. Is there something wrong with one
of my hens? I hope not! 🤔😐

Please post pictures. It could just be extra protein that just happens during the egg making process, BUT without pictures it's really hard to know for sure. As far as the smell is concerned - can you maybe be a little more descriptive? It's really hard for me to explain anything well, so I understand if you can't.

Sometimes eggs will get hairline fractures that we don't notice. Eggs will begin to rot VERY quickly once oxygen is introduced. I doubt it was an issue with the hen and more likely just a bad egg.

Please post pictures. It could just be extra protein that just happens during the egg making process, BUT without pictures it's really hard to know for sure. As far as the smell is concerned - can you maybe be a little more descriptive? It's really hard for me to explain anything well, so I understand if you can't.

I have no pictures, I threw it away because it smelled bad. :( As for smell... I am not the best at describing things. Smelled, a bit moldy? A bit like blood if you know what that smells like. I just wonder if anything is wrong with any of my chickens. They seem fine, but it worry's me that an egg turned out like that and I want to know what is wrong. (My reply took a while because of wifi problems.)

Back
Top Bottom