Weird Salmon Faverolle coloring? New pics...

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
I have two pullets (?) that were hatched out from Salmon Faverolle eggs I bought. It was a bad hatch, lots of problems, etc etc.

I ended up with one girl who looks normal, and another with very strange coloring. She is a darker brown color with darkly striped feathers on her head, brown tips on all chest feathers, and some black feathering in her "beard".

Sorry the pics are so bad....she is less than cooperative. Obviously she is with 2 RIR pullets and 1 normal Salmon Fav.

downsized_1001092151b.jpg

1007091917.jpg

1007091918a.jpg

1007091922.jpg

1007091923a.jpg

The coloring appears completely wrong but is actually quite pretty. Especially the darkly striped feathers on her head/neck.

Is this just a poor quality and poorly colored Salmon Fav? Or are there other varieties that I don't know about?

Last edited:
I have 2 Salmon Faverolles, one is light and the other is darker like yours. Mine was much darker when it was younger, now it is getting a few lighter feathers in it. I am sort of glad, cause I can tell them apart lol. They are 5 1/2 months old.

Cami (aka Camilla)
10683_screenhunter_33_sep_20_1526.jpg

Cali (aka Calico)
10683_screenhunter_32_sep_20_1526.jpg

Last edited:
that is a little odd she almost looks like my EE her mom was a fav and her dad was an EE........ she looks similar but almost idenical to her in the very first pic you posted w/o the foot feathers

That is a very poor example of a Faverolle by any means. Not even close to be a mahogany either!

I would not use her for breeding but she is pretty as colorwise and cute!

Back
Top Bottom