1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Weird shaped eggs after fowl pox

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by niccichick, Oct 15, 2013.

1. niccichick

niccichick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    HI Everyone;

Well, my girls are all better from the dry fowl pox and their feathers are pretty much all grown back in after molting on top of it. Still very eggs laid since all of this. One of my Aumerancas has laid faithfully each day through all of this. She usually lays beautiful, petite green eggs. Over the past week or so since finally being rid of the pox her eggs have taken on a weird squished look to them. I am wondering if this is normal. Here's a photo of them next to a regular brown egg laid by one of my other gals. You can see the progression from more regular shaped to weird, oblong squished look. I'd appreciate any input anyone has.

Blessings,
    NicciChick

[​IMG]

2. cypressdrake

cypressdrake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2012
    Thibodaux, Louisiana.
    I think that's one of those things you just have to wait, and see if it clears up. It may take a a month or 2 for their bodies to regain weight or fully recover.

3. niccichick

niccichick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    Thanks for the input. I've thought of putting a red light in their coop to help with warmth and helping increase their laying too. Any thoughts on that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by