Weird symptoms

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sparton, Sep 1, 2016.

1. sparton

sparton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2015
    Vancouver, Wa
    We have a young silkie pullet presenting odd symptoms. She has pulled her neck back giving her that tucked in fluffed look. Along the front of her neck is hard, but not round or swollen. She isn't gasping for air, isn't coughing, and her eyes are clear .

She was pecking around ok. Just the behavior has me worried. We have 5 other birds all healthy and not doing this.

2. sparton

Mar 12, 2015
    Vancouver, Wa
    [​IMG] here is an image of what I am talking about.

3. Duck Drover

Duck Drover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Washington
    Could it be wry neck? You could try giving Poly-Vi-Sol vitamin drops and see if that helps.

4. sparton

Mar 12, 2015
    Vancouver, Wa
    We figured it out. She is the victim of extreme bullying. She is inside getting some tlc. Poor baby.

5. Duck Drover

Duck Drover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Washington
    Sometimes things like wry neck or stargazing become symptomatic during periods of stress so it would not hurt to give some Poly-Vi-Sol (without iron) while she is getting some extra TLC. Taking her out of the stressful situation will also help.

6. sparton

Mar 12, 2015
    Vancouver, Wa
    Thank you all for the suggestions. We ended up euthanizing her as her symptoms didn't improve with care and treatement.

7. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Sorry for you loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by