weird taste buds

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TinaSwarr, Mar 27, 2012.

1. TinaSwarr

TinaSwarr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    spent my whole life in lancaster county pa, but do not eat the traditional foods like bacon, shoefly pie, whoopie pies..but now the things I do like get some very strange looks from people....for instance I do not use salt or pepper on my eggs, I use hungarian paprika (try ordering that in a restaurant)...or the only way to eat a hot dog is with cream cheese on the roll then topped with homemade saurerkraut........come on admit the weird things you eat so I do not feel like the only strange one!!

2. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Sorry, you lost me at 'no bacon'! :p

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] Do you ever watch Anthony Zimmerman's Bizarre Foods? Now there's some unusual, but interesting, dishes.

Don't feel alone....your tastes do not seem odd, at all. But maybe mine run somewhat similar to yours...except for the bacon thang. [​IMG]

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    one of my mom's favorite meals is squirrel brains and gravy. Does that count as weird?

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Not according to the standard "treat" foods enjoyed by my older family line. According to some, I was raised with some "exotic" (not really) foods/cooking, just using all parts of what we had. My DD draws the line at chicken feet if she knows they're being used. I draw the line at insect cuisine...except for the time as a kid when my older brother tricked me into eating some that were covered with chocolate.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I use mustard on my eggs, and as a salad dressing. I hate french fries. Taste like fried dirt to me. Don't like bacon. Too greasy. Too salty. I despise mayonnaise. Yuck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by