Weird thing happened today

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
I had a weird thing happen today. I was downstairs getting chicks together for when Steffpeck was going to come and pick them up and my 2 yo came downstairs and said, "guy here". I asked him if a guy was here and he said, "yep". So I went upstairs and there is this guy with his foot and head in my house at my front door.
hmm.png
He wanted to buy some of my chickens wandering around the yard. I told him I was willing to sell my EE's but that's all I have available. He really wanted some of my others. I told him no. Anyway, we had a half hour chicken rodeo and caught 1 bird which he bought from me. I've done this before and sold unwanted birds this way, but this was kind of weird. Almost like he was casing what I have both inside and out of my house. So I will be getting a padlock and a new latch for the coop and lighting up the outside like the noon day sun and locking down my house at night. I'm not trying to be paranoid, but if someone were to take my birds that I've worked hard to get, it would devastate me. If someone invaded my home it would too. I'm especially on guard right now because my dog is at the stud until Monday. I don't have my early warning system patrolling.
sad.png

Last edited:
Don't blame you a bit J. We have'm drive right up into our back yardish area and come to the back door which isn't ok with me to see if I'll sell a chicken to them. And they're not people you see "around" or know. So yep, smart on your part to be proactive.

I'm really just going on gut feeling here. I realized today how much I rely on my dog to help me. A good alarm dog is valuable for home defense. She doesn't ever bark much and she snores in her sleep, but if she growls in the middle of the night, I'm up instantly because she won't do it without a reason. I miss my dog.

To bad you couldn't sick Diesel on them. LOL. I still am in shock at how HUGE he is and your other Orp Roo's. Huge and Gorgeous!!! Thanks Jared for the chicks, they all made it home safe and sound.

Quote:
That's great to hear that they all made it back to your place good!

It was very nice to meet you today. I am glad you got to see my Orps and see the stock that your chicks came from.
smile.png

He had his head and foot IN your house?? I would have told him leave and leave now. You are right to be concerned, he was doing something very sneaky if you ask me. I'd let the local law in the area know about and give them a description of him and of his vehicle just in case something is stolen or missing or anyone around you has something taken. Most people knock on a door and even if a child answers it they wait outside on the step, they don't enter.

That gave me chills!!!! If ANYONE had their head stuck in my door it would have been lopped off with the slamming (repeatedly if necessary) door!!! YIKES!!! There are some creepy people out there!

I agree that it is very creepy... the good thing about your dog not being there is the guy doesnt know there is a dog there and the dog is not familiar with him...
How did the guy know to stop? Are your chickens seen from the road?

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom