Weird

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by siz8003, May 6, 2008.

1. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    I have 2 acurite thermos in the bator. One reads 105.2 and the other is in the WW reads 96.7. When they are out they are the same so I know they are both ok. SSooooo what the heck is going on? I have a turner but no fan and its a LG what on should i go by? [​IMG]

2. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    where are they positioned in the bater I have a built in and one on the same level as the eggs and I go by this one as the other is higher up and I think the temp is more importent where the eggs are [​IMG]

3. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    I have it hung through the vent hole and its right at egg top and the other is in the ww on the turner

4. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    and also my past 2 haches have been late 2 days

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    If your hatches have been late then it is for sure the temps in the bator are off. What incubator are you using?

You need to try to read temps at the egg level. If you are using a basic LG still air your air temps should be 101 - 102 at the top of the eggs.

The water wiggler should read 99.5. I have found the temps in a water wiggler are best used in a circulated air incubator.

You won't get good accurate temp readings if you don't put the entire thermometer in the incubator. The probe is most likely giving you an ambient air temp at its highest reading.

6. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    its a LG 9200 [​IMG] I will try to get the whole thing in there and see how that goes thanks

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Is it very old? You might need a new thermostat wafer.

8. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Or you are not giving them enough time to adjust. Mine can take up to eight hours to settle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by