Weirdest/funniest place your duck/s have laid?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Skye'sDucks, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Skye'sDucks

Skye'sDucks Songster

May 13, 2018
    Thought this would be a fun thread...What has been the weirdest or funniest place you have found a nest or eggs?

One of my girls laid an egg on top of our shed the other day...And out of reach where I could set up a step ladder, so I had to use a mini rake to scoop it over to me :th Thankfully she has not been laying there again...

Then the other day some of my ducks were camped out in our backyard, and I found an egg just laying under a tree! Guess someone didn't want to get left behind :gig

2. WannaBeHillBilly

WannaBeHillBilly Crossing the Road

Sep 2, 2018
    Big Chimney, WV
    My Coop
    Nope! Your ducks are concerned with your health and want you to have a little excercise… :lau
    I cannot contribute to this thread, my ducks are very disciplined and lay their eggs only in one of the two nests they dug out in the straw in their house.

3. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    :yuckyuck Mine are just like @wannabehillybilly they generally only lay in the duck house. Still very hidden in the pine/aspen shavings but in the duck house.

4. Skye'sDucks

Skye'sDucks Songster

May 13, 2018
    They probably know I sit around too much :lol:

5. SkyeT

SkyeT Songster

Aug 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    We have found 6 hollowed out places in the corner nooks where walls or fences meet. SO far, only two have been utilized, but the backups are clear and clean! One of the ducks has created a deep nest of pine shavings in the house. We don't know who it is though...

6. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    I have a water bowl on the front sidewalk. It is kind of deep and they need to stand on tip toes to dunk heads. So raise up on tip toes and an egg shot out. I laugh every time I think about it. Silly duck.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
    My ducks also generally lay in the duck house. Sometimes at morning feeding time they'll just drop an egg by the food dish. Maybe its just the excitement of a full bowl :idunno

8. Skye'sDucks

Skye'sDucks Songster

May 13, 2018
    Too funny!

Must be? lol

9. CrystaBub

CrystaBub Introducing Rosy and Posy!

Mar 17, 2018
    Shenandoah Valley
    One of my girls laid 2 softies in the pond when she was first starting to lay - then when I went to get them out, one broke. The pond smelled like egg for a week. :sick The fish loved it though - they thought it was a treat just for them!

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

By the water bucket is usually a good place to find Buff eggs. :rolleyes:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: