Weirdest roo I've ever seen...what the heck is he??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rogue_Woman, May 12, 2008.

1. Rogue_Woman

Rogue_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    NC
    Hey guys, I'm having the hardest time identifying this roo, he could be a mutt for all I know. I figured if anyone knew, it would be someone here ;-)

[​IMG]

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Aww... he's so ugly he's cute! [​IMG] He's a game cross, possibly old english. I can't tell if that's a bad dub job on his comb or if it's walnut shaped. He might have some silkie or sultan in him too. [​IMG]

3. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    ugly is right! It looks like a radioactive mutated mega rose comb...and it is PURPLE. I'm gonna try to get a closer head shot of him...

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I'd say he's a silkie x game. The purple comb is from the silkie in him. Silkies have a walnut comb.

5. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    Here's the ugly head...and thanks for the IDs folks! Now, what to do with him, cause he can't stay here!!! Anybody in NC want a free ugly roo? lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  6. GloriaH

GloriaH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    I think he's fabulous! Is he full grown?

7. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    I think he's awesome too, and does his businees with my big RIR ladies with no problem, but can't have a roo in a subdivision! I got him at the flea market, he was just too cool to leave there in a 1x1 cage with 5 other birds. He's certainly old enough to mate and crow and round up the hens, but I honestly have no clue what his age is or if he'll fill out any more than he already has...why, you want him? lol

8. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    lol, I have a smiliar cross:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    Awesome roo, love those wattles!

10. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Me too, he's a good little guy too. One of his ladies just went broody, so I'm hoping for a good looking crele color in the babies. The hen is black, which should darken up the color beneath the barring. Barring is dominate from the rooster, all the babies should be crele barred. The hen is an old english bantam x black sex-link. Their babies ought to show more old english traits, but who knows! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by