1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Weirdest thing your chicken has ever done...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TechnoCat, Nov 26, 2011.

1. TechnoCat

TechnoCat Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2011
    Wherever Angel is~
    the weirdest thing my girls have done...
    probably having amulet sing back to me...
    so I'm starting a thread on the weirdest thing a chicken has done that you've seen. [​IMG]
    Maybe this can become a sticky thread [​IMG]

2. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    My roo comes when I call him [​IMG]
    Here he is [​IMG]

3. Vyraal

Vyraal Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Southern California
    My RIR rooster dances for me and jumps on top of his waterer when I come outside to greet him every day. ^^ Don't have a pic yet though.

4. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    i have a RIR who has diebetes and when she has low blood sugar (we try not to let her get this bad but sometimes it just happens)
    she will throw a fit, flaps her wings. she will screach and run lay down run lay down. run in circles and lay down..
    her name is crazy and she is just that. i love her so much when she gets to low we yell crazys throwing a fit again go get her some molassis to slow her down.
    some day i will catch her on video and put it up.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  5. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:Wow - did a vet work it out, or did you? Poor Crazy, but sounds like you take good care of her.

6. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    my sister is a vet tec (VERY USEFUL LOL)
    she took some blood and took it to the vet she works with.

my father says i have very very spoiled chickens (he hasnt read this forum obviously lol)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Eat cement. They have plenty of grit to eat, and they like the cement. Pecking the cement does keep their beaks sharp!

[​IMG]

8. cochunk

cochunk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    The hens sprint when you walk out the back door, probabley expecting a treat or something.

One of the pullets loves to get on our heads and backs to snuggle, and she sings like a song bird.

9. TechnoCat

Nov 20, 2011
    Wherever Angel is~
    I love all this!
    TheOldChick, my girls try to eat cement too. We have a large driveway, and our driveway continues into our backyard, and our girls loooove to try and eat it.
    [​IMG]
    see? if you look behind amulet, you'll see a very large cement circular... thingy. ( [​IMG] I don't know what to call it)

[​IMG]
    then behind pepper there's the gate, and our driveway continues into our little circle thing of cement.
    the girls sharpen their beaks on it (rubbing each side of their beaks on the cement), and try to eat it. [​IMG] crazy chickens...

10. TechnoCat

Nov 20, 2011
    Wherever Angel is~
    Quote:haha! my girls sprint when you walk out the back door (during free-range time) too. I give them scraps and peels of fruits and veggies, and the occasional nightcrawler. so the come up to me wanting FOOOD!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by