Welcome me to the ticked off at family club!!!

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Ken's daughter Lisa says she can't make it on Christmas because she "promised" Aunt Barb to go there. Ok that is a 45 minute drive to come see your DAD!!!! Now tonight, his daughter Jen said Sunday would be better!!!!

I told her, well dinner is on Christmas, and if you come Sunday you can have leftovers. How DARE these two ruin his Christmas!!!!!
smack.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
They have been here every year with no problem. Now their mother has a new boyfriend and all these excuses are coming up.

Ok come on Sunday, but I am not feeding your butt!!!!

hugs.gif

I know how you feel (kind of). You already know how I feel about family and Christmas this year, so I won't add to your frustration, although I am looking forward to spending time with SO's family on Christmas.

I feel for you, Debi, but all I can offer is
hugs.gif

We DO have a rather entertaining, disconnected child to deal with. He is overall a joy. His happiness is contagious. However, I have NO IDEA how to break it Ken in the morning that NEITHER of them are coming on Christmas!!!!!

Do the bad news good news routine. I am sorry they cannot come but this does give us the opportunity to do.......... Guys are so much better at dealing with this stuff than we are. They have this wonderful off button. I want an off button.

Christmas is a day on the calander.

Christmas is also a day in the heart.

Ken's going to love those girls of his just as much on Sunday.

This Christmas Day belongs to that new little boy. He's in a
brand new world.

You and Ken just kick back and relax. You get two Christmas's
this year. So relax...it'll be okay.

Quote:
Lovely thought and I appreciate you!!! Ken already has holiday issues from losing people close to him. This is not gonna be pretty when I break it to him in the morning.

And YES Robert is a blessing and we have done all that is possible to hide EVERYTHING from him so he can experience the joy of it.

hugs.gif
Welcome to the TOAF Club! Membership has it's privileges...NOT!
hugs.gif
I so feel your pain, this year.
Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas DESPITE family drama-I'm sure going to try.
smile.png

I would call and tell the daughters they need to tell dad themselves that they are unwilling to come on Christmas day,because they want to go to...." Their job to tell.Sorry you all have to deal with this. I am sure you will have a nice day despite them.

Back
Top Bottom