Welcome to BackYardChickens Mobile BETA!

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to BackYardChickens Mobile!

Starting today logged-in members will be able to use their mobile device to view BYC better than ever! This is the beginning of our long-term strategy to bring an excellent interactive experience to all users regardless of their chosen device. We're focused on making your mobile experience fast and light, and enabling you to stay connected to the community on the go.

We know the main thing you want to do is just poke around and see things for yourself. So please dig in. Here are a few things you might find yourself wondering.

How do I see the Mobile version?
1) Be sure you're logged in
2) Go to the bottom of any page
3) At the bottom of the page click on "Mobile"

Why doesn't it show me Mobile automatically?
Don't worry, once the introduction period is over, we'll automatically switch your view based on what kind of device you're using to visit the site. For example, if you're on a mobile device we'll try to automatically send you to the mobile site. For now you need to opt in manually using the "Mobile" link shown above.

I got switched back from Mobile to the standard Desktop site. What happened?
There are a few reasons this could happen:

• You logged out.
  • You cleared cookies.
  • You visited a pagetype that we don't have a Mobile version for yet (such as reviews or image galleries)
  • An error occurred. If it happens again, please report it!

Does the Mobile site have all the same features?
No. Mobile currently supports Private Messages, Forums, Classifieds, Member Profiles, Articles, and Site Search. Other areas of the site like Reviews and Image Galleries will be added to the Mobile version as it develops.

What do all the various icons, stars, notifications, etc. mean? How do I use this mobile version?
This and many other things are described visually in our Quick Start Guide.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This system is BRAND NEW and will have bugs. If you are having problems and/or have suggestions please do the following:

1. Read through our Quick Start Guide to make sure your system is supported
  2. Visit the mobile feedback section of our forum and see if the suggestion or bug is already reported.
  3. Open a new thread in our mobile feedback section for each issue you encounter.

Have Fun!

We look forward to forging ahead into the exciting world of Mobile development with you.

Last edited:
Sweet love it. MUCH!!!!!!!!better than taptalk, that so many of us paid for.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

1. I cannot see the hierarchy location of a thread, so for example I don't know which sub forum this is in, or how to navigate up and find another thread in this subforum. Therefore I don't know if this is the right thread for bug reports.

2. the subscription list doesn't coordinate with the one my desktop. This shows 8 unread subscribed threads when I'm actually up to date on 4 of those.

Last edited:
What is this arrow supposed to do? It just slides the screen over, so I see a little bit of what is shown here over to the left, then a lot of blank space on the right side of my screen. Sort of an extreme scroll right effect but with nothing going on to the right. Firefox on Android 4.0.4, Samsung Galaxy S3

This is what I see after clicking that button:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom