Welcome To Katie's Flock

Meet my call ducks!
We only got them in Summer, so they're still quite young. They're all purebred except for Oreo, she's only half call duck. We have:

Oreo: The biggest, black one. Definitely the leader. She got her name because she has a few (not really noticable unless you get up close) white patches. One on either side of her eye and a patch under her chin.

Coco: The smallest, and most fierce out of all our ducks. Although she's half the size of Oreo, she has the biggest personality. Coco commonly takes on the chickens, and usually wins if I'm honest. She's a light brown with a white stomach.

Emma: Is actually our drake. I know, I know, a bit confusing. When he was younger we thought he was a girl, but when we finally did realise, it was too late. We just decided to stick with the name. As you probably already guessed, Emma is the gray & cream one.

Ely: The one we assumed to be the male, buttt we were wrong. Ely is the brighter cream one, and does NOT like to be touched. She nips when you hold her :3

Daisy: Our most nervous duck. She's the paler cream one. She does sometimes hiss at us if we get too close, and runs away alot.

The ducks have come quite a long way compared to when we first got them, and that wasn't that long ago. They used to be terrified of us, but we're getting there.

I'm hoping to hatch out ducklings this Summer coming up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-07-21-08-52.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-07-21-08-52.png
    707.5 KB · Views: 5
I didn't realize you had ducks! Do you have chickens or plan on getting some?
We have both! We only recently got the ducks, and it's our first time owning them. It's been a learn as we go process! (They're so messy it's unreal). We'd owned chickens before (when I was very young) , but ended up selling them. The ones we have now.... We've owned for about 2 years

We have both! We only recently got the ducks, and it's our first time owning them. It's been a learn as we go process! (They're so messy it's unreal). We'd owned chickens before (when I was very young) , but ended up selling them. The ones we have now.... We've owned for about 2 years
Oh that's cool! Let me know how your duck and chicken keeping goes! :)

This is Jesse, our booted bantam cockerel. He's still fairly young, and he's technically a 'rescue' chicken.

(I've explained his story in another thread).

He currently lives on our backgarden, likes to run around chasing us and the dogs, but will never walk normally again

We're trying to find him a friend right now!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-07-15-02-19-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-07-15-02-19-1.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 4
This is Jesse, our booted bantam cockerel. He's still fairly young, and he's technically a 'rescue' chicken.

(I've explained his story in another thread).

He currently lives on our backgarden, likes to run around chasing us and the dogs, but will never walk normally again

We're trying to find him a friend right now!
Awwww, so sweet! :)

Back
Top Bottom