Welcome to Kayla’s Flock!

Pics
Howdy Kayla, sorry to hear about your loss! :hit :hugs
hope the rest of your flocks, animals are doing well.
Hi sean! I failed to see this notification earlier. Sorry! Thank you for the well wishes and condolences :hugs She is definitely being missed. She was a beautiful duck. :hugs

The rest of the flock is doing great!

I bought some salad mixes for the flock. Just because there’s no live grass, and I like the treat them once in a while. Stupid pet store is out of crickets AGAIN!!! GAH! Had to settle for mealworms (for the geckos btw).

My aunt is fighting so hard with cancer, but hasn’t been feeling good after her last few treatments. I’m planning on making her a bunch of sweet treats for Valentine’s Day. I’m going to try to do it either this weekend or next. I was thinking a cake, fudge, and maybe some chocolates and cookies? If any of you have recipes for peanut butter cookies or chocolate chip, I’d appreciate it. Of course, I can buy cookie dough... but homemade ones come from the heart! :D Over these last few months, I’ve become closer to her than I’d have liked to. She’s definitely going to be taking a piece of my heart with her. *sigh*

The two chicks I hatched are definitely boys. Not even a month old yet. :lol:
1BC9B34C-879D-4034-BCC9-34A2E4A1DBBE.jpeg
246B7B16-642B-4589-A157-0042A79F7323.jpeg
8E1518B3-64A6-4ED6-8BB6-7393D6640951.jpeg
A8F2F6F2-9C39-43D3-B91F-1F3701027F92.jpeg

Good morning folks :frow

ETA: Toll house are my favorite chocolate chip cookie
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/174864/original-nestle-toll-house-chocolate-chip-cookies/

These peanut butter cookies turned out really good for Christmas
https://www.food.com/recipe/soft-peanut-butter-cookies-205890

The Amish Sugar cookies are the best shortbread cookie I've ever had.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/any-home-bakers-here.921333/post-20334699

And if you really want to go down the rabbit hole, check out the baker's thread index
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vEuD0gLksKLwQEH6LgpzmJNN4Q/edit#gid=484247804

Last edited:
Everyone, please keep your thoughts & prayers with me. I’m leaving at 11pm to go get my uncle. We’ve borrowed a huge van (it’s for handicapped people), and are going to make a 16+ hour round trip to go get him. Me, my mother, and my cousin who is a paramedic are going. He’s a stoke patient so will be sedated on the way home. The hospital is about 8 hours away with no stops. So, I’m going to hope we all make it there safely before 8am tomorrow morning (which is when he is going to be dismissed). Since he’s made no progress in like 3 months after his massive stroke, he’s being sent home as there aren’t even any rehabs available. So, he’ll likely live the rest of life this way. :(

Everyone, please keep your thoughts & prayers with me. I’m leaving at 11pm to go get my uncle. We’ve borrowed a huge van (it’s for handicapped people), and are going to make a 16+ hour round trip to go get him. Me, my mother, and my cousin who is a paramedic are going. He’s a stoke patient so will be sedated on the way home. The hospital is about 8 hours away with no stops. So, I’m going to hope we all make it there safely before 8am tomorrow morning (which is when he is going to be dismissed). Since he’s made no progress in like 3 months after his massive stroke, he’s being sent home as there aren’t even any rehabs available. So, he’ll likely live the rest of life this way. :(
:hugs

Good morning folks :frow

Kayla, I'm so sorry :hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom