WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN-kick your shoes off, drink some iced tea, RELAX!

5 a.m. and 82 degrees. 90% humidity. Sighssssss. Heavens a little hot today. I got 3 eggs yesterday, I know Brownie and Henrietta are guilty-but who else. There's a coon prowling around. I saw scat on back porch, and scratch bucket at barn was opened. Time to haul out the live trap. The next few weeks will be rough for me, I feel the melancholy already. Don't wanna start the day teary eyed so enuff for now.. I wonder how many eggs today. Enjoy this beautiful day. Drink some iced tea
Wow, better drink a lot of iced tea yourself to keep cool! Watch out for those coons!

Sounds like you really do have a piece of heaven there! Nice photos, th as his for sharing!

We're in a similar situation, total isolation, nearest neighbor is about 5 miles away, our driveway is 3 miles of the worst dirt road in America. :lol: We are self sufficient as possible without many of the benefits of cities or suburbs. We love the middle of nowhere lifestyle! :D
I love the isolation, quiet, privacy-we can and DO pee off the porch. I especially like watching the wildlife. I am an early riser and always outside wwith coffee by 5 a.m. I have watched squirrels, rabbits, skunks -they really do have bad eyesight-coyote, feral hogs, deer, armadillos, raccoons, and opossum. I've learned a lot by sitting and watching. Later, almost 6:30 already hot and I gotta water the plants. Enjoy this beautiful day. Stay cool-if possible-there's always st least 2 gallons sweet tea made-just add ice!

Wow, better drink a lot of iced tea yourself to keep cool! Watch out for those coons!
Gonna get the live trap out, he was back again last night-a couple of bricks by coop door are moved. I need to get a more secure lock for run door also. I wonder what to bait trap with? I got tuna no sardines. Peanut butter? TSC has good deal on traps 2 for under $30. Got mine year or so ago-well used
20191029_092332.jpg

Coons will eat just about anything, however they do love meat. How far off do you haul them away? There is always another waiting in the wings to move into this ones territory.

You are better off fortifying your coop rather than mess with the critters. If your coop is built like Fort Knox, the critters can roam all they want. When the night time marauders don't get a meal, generally they move on, birds are always safe.

Good morning! Beautiful, hot day again. Real temp supposed to be 104 today with "feels like" 112+ anything over 100 is hot. Nice and cool in the shade, now, girls are out of the henhouse and looking for breakfast. We got 3 eggs again yesterday, still don't know who guilty girl #3 is. Drink plenty of tea and enjoy this day.

Good morning! Beautiful, hot day again. Real temp supposed to be 104 today with "feels like" 112+ anything over 100 is hot. Nice and cool in the shade, now, girls are out of the henhouse and looking for breakfast. We got 3 eggs again yesterday, still don't know who guilty girl #3 is. Drink plenty of tea and enjoy this day.
Wow, that's a roaster! Keep the birds cool, and yourself too!

You are better off fortifying your coop rather than mess with the critters. If your coop is built like Fort Knox, the critters can roam all they want. When the night time marauders don't get a meal, generally they move on, birds are always safe.
Ggood morning! Got live trap set. Believe it or not, i always set trap on back porch by sliding glass door. The bugs love the lights, and the critters love the bugs. If critters would quit scatting on the porch-we could all live together.
I found out this morning exactly how bad sighted skunks are. 5 a.m. coffee in hand, on sidewalk headed towards bench under live oak. In the dark, no flashlight, I see movement in front of me, white shows at night, half grown skunk walking towards me. I back up, he keeps walking, cute fella, tail up, I think about the cartoon with "pepe lapue" and keep backing up. He gets about a foot from me, sees me, stops looks up at me-I'm bigger and....
He starts backing up. He backs all the way back to live oak and turns and sauntered off. Hot today, drink plenty of iced tea.

Back
Top Bottom