Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WVduckchick, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    For those of you that use chicken feet for stock do you peel them first or just wash them and use as is?

2. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Just my 2 cents, realizing that pics don't always do justice... I love the red brown boy, but his legs look a little long in the pic. Maybe deceptive, but his coloring is interesting and would look good in a fair. The lemon pullet doesn't appear to have as nice foot/leg feathering, but her coloring is pretty, but kinda boring to me. The silver laced looks more mottled to me than laced. Aren't laced feathers supposed to be encircled by the other color? I really don't know for sure, just throwing out thoughts. The red bantam cockerel is very nice, but with the others to choose from, I think if the lemon blue's leg feathers are nicer, I'd go with him instead.

So my 3 would be the red/brown LF cockerel, the black mottled bantam pullet, and a toss up between the red bantam and the lemon blue LF, depending on leg feathering on the lemon blue.

3. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Anybody want to play a game for Ayam Cemani eggs? We need a few more people to sign up. I think we are at #40, and need 49. Take the next number.

Don't have to do anything to play except take a number. Cjwaldon is going to let chickens poop on a board with numbers on it. If your square catches the poop, you win! [​IMG]

I'm not sure that I want the eggs, but I think we have a friend here who would gladly accept them [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...o-prize-6-ayam-cemani-eggs/1490#post_17401515

1 person likes this.
  4. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Couldn't tell what number they are on, because someone wanted 47 and someone else couldn't claim 40??

I'm a bit confused, but that's normal for me. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    You posted, so she will line it out. I think that one person didn't have enough posts to count yet, so they will claim 40 if they get their post count up and you will be 41, or 40 will be yours if they don't.

ETA - the one that wants 47 can't have it until we get there.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  6. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Thanks.

Thank you.

Thank you. I agree on the silver lacing. The breed tells me as she ages it might be more defined.

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

Confusion is comforting, imo [​IMG]

8. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Got it, thanks. I rarely win anything, so I won't bother to mention it to DH. :gig

So true.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  9. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    I know diddly squat about Cochins and really I'm not fond of red birds, but something about the form of the red cockerel strikes me... That's all I got, sorry... :confused:

10. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Nope, pale blue matte finish. It was the brown gal with straw neck feathers. She left the evidence and could not fly back out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by