Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Love the picture... Looks just like my dad at that age... He was a pilot too I suspect they were close to the same age...

Every time Ihave been to the cemetary where hes buried the ravens are playing games swooping and soaring and talking.... Every time I see ravens I think of my dad... The whole city here is overrun with Ravens and Crows... Huge flocks...

deb "whos finally feeling better"
So glad you're feeling better! :hugs

Love the picture... Looks just like my dad at that age... He was a pilot too I suspect they were close to the same age...

Every time Ihave been to the cemetary where hes buried the ravens are playing games swooping and soaring and talking.... Every time I see ravens I think of my dad... The whole city here is overrun with Ravens and Crows... Huge flocks...

deb "whos finally feeling better"

The Princess told me that she read that a cardinal is loved one returning to show love. I told her that if I predecease her, I will return as a crow. Perhaps your Dad is doing the same.

We didn't have a funeral for my Aunt. Her friends, if any would have been in NY and we were in FL. Mom would have just forgot all about it, and my Aunt never married or had children. She was cremated per her wishes and we buried her at sea. I gave a short speech and threw a bouquet of roses from my garden into the water. It was a lovely day.
My aunt didn't want a funeral either. Nothing. She wanted her body donated to science, and the ashes buried with my uncle at Ft. Snelling. I didn't quite follow her orders. We did have coffee and bars in the church basement so her many friends could have some closure. One of the ladies told me I should have the "service" in the sanctuary, and I told her, "I'm already doing more than she wanted. This is how it will be." (I was her POA, and executor so I got to make the decisions.) Afterward, people told me that "this was better than any funeral I've been to".

Hope this never happens to any one else.... I got a call while i was driving to pick up my Mother the day of the funeral that the funeral home neglected to cremate my fathers remains! Wtf? They had plenty of time! People came all the way across the state to attend! So there i was , all dressed in black with tears streaming down my face driving along. If i had thought clearly enough we could have just had the service anyway. I was just in shock over the whole debacle. The service was held the following day.
WHAT??? How does that happen?

I'm not sure how to start this post (By the way? So anyway? P.S.? For the Record?) so I'm just gonna say, my dad passed away this morning. I'm relieved that he's not suffering anymore! Here's one of my favorite pix of him with his 1945 J3 Piper Cub that he sold in order to buy my mom a wedding ring.
View attachment 1242819
And I don't know how to start this quote . I'm sorry you lost your dad today:hugsA million hugs can't fill the void he left I know this because, The love you have for him shines through whenever you speak of him. May every memory of him bring a smile to your face and warmth to your heart . I'm sure if you need them ,the pond will give you a million or more. Add these to the ones you already got .:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I have cried at some of them... at one I was almost bawling. But I still like them. I like seeing all of the relatives, getting to talk to them and visit with them. I like hearing about the departed from other people... other points of view... things I didn't know... meeting friends that I didn't know they had.....

And it brings me such a good sense of closure. :confused: Maybe I am just odd.
I am like you Al... Good sense of closure lots of sniffling... and a Bigass party afterwords...

We had a traditional funeral for dad... I didnt go in... I saw him on the lfoor of my moms house... He was gone then. I hung with the cousins and the people serving food... Then the Family Reunion was all about Mom which was good... Couple of our cousins are pretty cool...

Everyone loved dad except Grandma... But she put on a good show...

deb

Last night we saw a local theater performance of 'The Fantasticks'. It was less than fantastic. Friday we went to the movies and saw "Phantom Thread" - Didn't much care for that either. :idunno Maybe I need an attitude adjustment ?
Was it the performers in The Fantastics? That's a tough one for local theater groups. Puts a lot of pressure on the two dads. I also sometimes think it's a little dated... did they do the rape scene (an "abduction" -formerly called a "rape")?
I found myself singing "Plant a Radish" on more than one occasion as I raised my kids...

@orrpeople, performers/voices were fine. The fathers were quite good. Just the play itself. Everything was played just a bit over the edge - almost farcical. The 'abduction' was a bit lame and was played as an aborted abduction. I couldn't find any vestige of reality in any part of the performance. Princess did say she was glad that she did not have to review the play.

edited to add : Actors were not miked, and acoustics were horrid. Show was put on in the black box not the main stage.

Last edited:
Ok an Update.... I fell out of bed last night... Tryhing to get out to go potty. Room is situated so that when I fall my legs get jammed up against the door... I cannot get up from that position.

Thankfully the door was partially open... so I used my foot on the wall to bang to wake up my son. Call 911 No thing was hurt I landed on all un stitched flesh. it took six Parametics to get me free. Then a gait strap under my arms My leggs are strong all i needed to do would brace my legs against the feet of the pullers and I was up. Then I got the lecture...

So I tried to sleep on the Love seat... too short. Tried to sleep on the Couch... too worn our I was afraid of falling out... So made a bed in grandmas chair and Hallucinated all night...

Which eventually turned to sleep. My son has been a god send... He spent half the day clearing out my room then building me a step to get a good level space to stand on when I go to get in bed. It worked like a champ complete with handrails.

Got two good sessions of sleep... Plumbing is finally all working... and my pain level has dropped by about seventy five percent. I think one more Percocet will get me through.

deb

Back
Top Bottom