Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WVduckchick, Apr 29, 2016.

1. abbevilleoz

abbevilleoz Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina

And I thought we had questionable discussions! We've never chatted about pig fondling.

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    People who don't own horses may not be familiar with this, but there are cleaning products made for this very purpose (one is named, believe it or not, Excalibur - you can find it in the horse care section at any feed store). I don't know whether it really is necessary for other types of animals, but it can be an important part of proper (male) horse care. Imagine needing to pee, and not being able to because of the build up - it happens. Now, when it comes to pigs, I have no idea whether these folks are pulling the legs of the ignorant, or making totally unnecessary work for themselves, or what. I know I have seen posts about cleaning the scent glands on rabbits, and my reaction is, "say what?!".[​IMG]

3. WildHens

WildHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2016
    West Virginia
    She didn't know it was where his boy bits were...had no clue there was such a thing as a sheath..lol..that's what prompted me to mention sheath cleaning..lol.. and when one asked what that was..well that started a whole new round of hilarious responses ..
    Sheath cleaning on a gelding is NOT fun..at all..nope...

4. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Yep, horse care is important... but I think there's a difference since horses 'ahems' are relatively straight... pigs and drakes are 'corkscrews'... never heard of drakes needing cleaning unless things don't go back in properly and it gets dragged around in the mud... so... yeah...

Anyways, I am not giving my drakes daily belly rubs for sure...

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  5. WildHens

WildHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2016
    West Virginia
  6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Hey everyone :frow

Been a crazy couple of days. I actually slept alot, which felt pretty dern good! Lol

I think I cried myself to sleep laughing about the goat stuff. :gig

Spent several hours today looking for my Moonshine and 4 comets. Never did find them. They were in the coop at dark last night. Eggs in the nest box this morning, but never saw them all day. Hoping they just wandered a little further than normal, and return this evening :fl

Just locked down 6 great looking bantam cochin eggs, and my seramas are looking great on day 8! Broodies are still in full swing too. Juice has 15 duck eggs under her, and Harriet has 9 or 10 OEGB eggs. Going to be alot of littles running around soon.

7. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Is it Spring yet?? Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    Hey there, WV! Hope you've had a nice weekend. Fingers crossed that the chickens turn up and also crossing them for lots of healthy hatchers soon! [​IMG]

8. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

X2!!!!

9. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    X 3!!!!

10. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Just got a text from the neighbor, they were going to go check around the coop for me just before sunset, but they went out for a while and when they came home all my chicks were in their yard. Its several hundred yards away! I hope they don't make a habit of it, but that direction is better than getting lost any other direction.

On a side note, early this morning while making my coffee, I noticed 2 deer in the front yard, alerting to something down the field. Then I saw a lone turkey hen come across the yard. While looking for the chicks, we saw that turkey hen again, so maybe they followed her, or she pushed them that direction. Who knows.

Wonder if I should lock them in the run for a few days? I locked them up all day Saturday, so that the lavenders could have free-range day, so maybe they were mad at me. :idunno

Last edited: May 15, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by