Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WVduckchick, Apr 29, 2016.

1. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop

Ducks!!! :love

*Please note- Internally, I am squealing frantically at the magnitude of cute, but in an attempt to not be annoying I shall limit myself to a few extra exclamation points and a smile* :lau

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Is it Spring yet?? Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    Thanks, Chris! First day at the new job is Wednesday. [​IMG]

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Not terrible at all, I've been known to hide my "good treats" -- for those that can be kept chilled I find the produce drawer of the refrigerator particularly useful, lol.

Hope your trip goes (went?) well -- I've been through WV a few times while DH was in NC and we were here in IN, but never did much sight seeing aside from what was visible from the highway -- looked like a beautiful place!

We *just* talked about this process this week -- had to explain it to a new-to-horses person who ended up being VERY glad they had a mare after hearing all about the lovely process.

SO glad they were found - apparently they just wanted to be neighborly.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] and more [​IMG] to you, you've got this!

I find the "auto complete" suggestions I get sometimes to be highly entertaining *and* disturbing all at the same time.

4. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

LOVE this - very fitting for the crowd I was hanging about with while in MS.

And a good, solid course of prophylactic anitibiotics - or perhaps a series of immunizations?

5. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Or both.... :lau

6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Welcome back @Ol Grey Mare :hugs

Ok spill it... How was the visit??

7. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

:gig

X2

X2 again! :gig

8. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    X 3. [​IMG]

9. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop

Sorry, had to hop off for a bit - and I am falling asleep at the keyboard so you get the short version - overall the visit was great.

We met some great people (my youngest nephew - who is SO much like my daddy it isn't even funny - not the least among them), spent some really awesome quality time with my sister (some bumps here and there, but nothing major - mostly just some times I opted to bite my tongue for the sake of the peace), LOVED watching DD experience it all and, strangely enough, probably my favorite part of the whole trip was the afternoon spent visiting my dad's ex-wife (sis's mom) and her other husband........that did my heart some serious good. Being 13 years apart in age and having gone 23 years without seeing each other there was a lot of my sister and I just getting to really know one another. We didn't get to do half the things she wanted to take us to do (and that was with us running 90 miles an hour from before dawn to well into the night), so I guess we'll just "have" to go back. I have several thank you notes to write for all the kind folks who welcomed us into their homes in the time we were down there.

DD had a fabulous time, lots of time in the saddle with her aunt spent just getting to know each other and getting to try pretty much every horse in the barn. I'd say the highlight for her, besides finally meeting her aunt, would be the roping practice we went to with my b-i-l and nephew where they were kind enough to put her up on their best (retired now) heel horse - she didn't throw a rope, but she got to experience putting Billy in "the box" and feeling the power of him coming out of it in pursuit of a steer. It was just so much fun as a mom to get to see her experience all of it and I know it did her so much good.

This picture is from the last time we had seen each other -- it was taken a little over a year before our dad passed away
    [​IMG]
    My sister, DD and I now: (not my favorite look, but have way more pictures of the two of them than I do with me in them, happens when you're the photographer - this was the end of a very LONG day)
    [​IMG]

DD, my sister and the youngest nephew in the arena at my sister's place
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  10. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    OGM, that is super awesome!! Sorry, I can't Ovate right now, but that sure deserves it!!

Very glad you enjoyed your trip and DD got those experiences... you are wonderful to provide that for her... :hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by