Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

We had a boiled corn beef and cabbage with rutabagas and carrots yesterday. I always strain and freeze any leftover "juice". Makes a great starter stock for soup. We have a snow storm coming tomorrow. So I'm all set for a big pot of chicken soup with root veggies and fresh egg noodles. Might make the bread tonight just in case we lose power. Stupid new stoves all have the electronic ignitions so you can light the burners manually but not the oven. Got a perfectly good older stove stored but I can't talk DH into putting it back in the kitchen. Guess he doesn't like the pilot lights. We've lost power so many times this year maybe I'll finally be able to change his mind. Anyway at least we can have hot soup for as long as we need it.
My wife made awesome boiled dinner

what do you use the broth from the corned beef for... Inquiring minds want to know

i want to make corned beef from scratch and can it for the cooking process. Not all of it because mom likes it as well so I wll keep out a few chunks so we can have corned beef as a family. I also want to smoke some to make pastrami. I have to buy a smoker or figure a way to do it some how. I know an old refrigerator can be used as a smoker... but my old refrigerator is at home. sixty miles from here.

deb
I used to make corned venison

Sure would our electric company here is quite reliable think I can count on three fingers how many times we lost power more than 30 minutes we have a antique trash burner we heat with electric start on the stove would not work but generator would keep fridges and freezer going actually used the generator one time

It’s an unreal 57 degrees here right now, but it’s raining. I’ll take the rain and warm, at least this isn’t snow.
Be careful out there. We need to get a few more bubble wrap outfits for all the Pond peeps to pass around.
Never have hurt my back shoveling rain.

Back
Top Bottom