Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Well, we got our first Covid shots today. Didn't even feel the shot and my arm is only slightly sore. I'm a bit sore this evening but that's only because I got the bright idea to take the leftover 30 lbs of rolled oats my chickens have decided they don't like anymore along with some extra 20 lbs or so of cracked grains, put the bag on a plastic sled and drag it thru the snow to add it to the bale of hay we had put out in the field last week for the deer to help them get thru this ridiculous cold spell. Not one of my brighter ideas. For starters I had originally just popped out to close up the coop and so I wasn't really dressed for it and I should have put my snowshoes on. As Al can attest to, the fluffy "powdered sugar" type of snow you get when the temps are really cold can really be difficult to wade thru if it's above your knees. The bag tipped on the sled and when I turned around to right it over I went as well. Fortunately I remembered a short video I had seen instructing the proper way for old folks to get themselves up when there is nothing to grab onto. Trying to brace on 3 ft of fluff is useless. It's worse than being stuck in sand. I dug down to the ground and then with a bit of effort was able to right myself and finish my task. All the while (I found out later) my Dh was being fully entertained as he watched the show from the kitchen window.
I looked out that same window later and at least the does were appreciating my efforts.

Well, we got our first Covid shots today. Didn't even feel the shot and my arm is only slightly sore. I'm a bit sore this evening but that's only because I got the bright idea to take the leftover 30 lbs of rolled oats my chickens have decided they don't like anymore along with some extra 20 lbs or so of cracked grains, put the bag on a plastic sled and drag it thru the snow to add it to the bale of hay we had put out in the field last week for the deer to help them get thru this ridiculous cold spell. Not one of my brighter ideas. For starters I had originally just popped out to close up the coop and so I wasn't really dressed for it and I should have put my snowshoes on. As Al can attest to, the fluffy "powdered sugar" type of snow you get when the temps are really cold can really be difficult to wade thru if it's above your knees. The bag tipped on the sled and when I turned around to right it over I went as well. Fortunately I remembered a short video I had seen instructing the proper way for old folks to get themselves up when there is nothing to grab onto. Trying to brace on 3 ft of fluff is useless. It's worse than being stuck in sand. I dug down to the ground and then with a bit of effort was able to right myself and finish my task. All the while (I found out later) my Dh was being fully entertained as he watched the show from the kitchen window.
I looked out that same window later and at least the does were appreciating my efforts.
Oh, Chicki! I’m glad you found your way out of the snow. I’d probably wallow about until I died of hypothermia.

I'm glad you're okay!! :hugs

Ack! Scary!

Glad DH kept an eye on you.

And happily the deer are thankful! :clap

Ya but us old ladies are so good at it .. I do 2 cat boxes every night. Sit on the floor prove I can still get off the floor myself.

Slightly better. Less snot at least, so definitely a step in the right direction.

DD3 has been making dinner all week. I might have to fake a cough or two after I feel better to keep her cooking for me. 😜
Tell her to make homemade fried donuts! :drool

Back
Top Bottom