Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
My Coop
My mother was freezing the entire time she was here. For some reason people from colder climates are always cold here.

She had 3 thick blankets on her bed (one of them like a double blanket with the fleece on one side & the sherpa on the other) and she was using them all. We were in shorts & she was wearing a down coat inside my house.

I lit a fire for her every night, but there was no way I was turning the heater on when it’s 74* inside my house. 🙄
Did you have the AC on?

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
My mother was freezing the entire time she was here. For some reason people from colder climates are always cold here.

She had 3 thick blankets on her bed (one of them like a double blanket with the fleece on one side & the sherpa on the other) and she was using them all. We were in shorts & she was wearing a down coat inside my house.

I lit a fire for her every night, but there was no way I was turning the heater on when it’s 74* inside my house. 🙄
I think the Princess needs a thermostat replacement.

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
My Coop
Unfortunately there’s no ac on the broom.

She left here & went to my brothers house in AZ. My brother runs hot & they never turn their ac off. Even in the winter it just gets turned down a little.
I hate AC... even if the house is at 76, if it is on I am cold.

And no, I don't have AC, but my mom does.

bobbi-j

Enabler
11 Years
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
I turned on the furnace for the night on Thursday. It was grey and cold and I was chilled. It got turned off during the day Friday. I was roasting Dumpling in the oven for supper (he was delicious, by the way…) so didn’t turn on the furnace. DH came in, asked if I had turned it on. When I told him no, he turned it on and said, “There - I turned it on for you.” Sure you did, Dear. Sure you did.

We have central air. We use it when it’s very hot and/or very humid. Especially on the nights when it just doesn’t cooI down. I much prefer having windows open when I can.

Ladies-Eight

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hollister, Florida 32147
:eek: I sure wish you lived close!! My kids could put that together for you, no problems! Recently they replaced our garbage disposal, and they also replaced the sprayer attachment for a neighbor. Great jobs, no leaks.

So YES, it took over 3 hours.... and I haven't yet gotten the bill :oops: :hit

BUT, WOWSERS IT WORKS!!!!! For the first time in years!!!!! I now can wash my hands in WARM water! Do you know how hard it is to get actually clean hands when you wash them in ice water?

And last night, I decided to shower.... and I showered when **I** felt like it!!! It was blissful.
I am trying to keep that in mind for when the bill shows up.

:lau ar first read i thought you said "I'll be sharing this lovely incoming cold with @BullChick . Good news though, 1 more week of this weather then I'm done till April!

I wish we lived close together and I would hire them to do this work for pay.

I wish my brother lived close as I would have no problems getting it done but he lives near Morgantown, West Virginia.

Hey morning Pond..
Have you looked at utube videos .. Not that hard to hook up

No I have not.

I'm not sure my husband would lrt me do it as he is afraid I will hurt myself.

Sometimes it is easier to say okay and not doing the chore.

Top Bottom