Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

room onthebroom

Animal-a-holic
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 4, 2015
33. N -117.W

I'll test on you guys whether this link works. It's a terrible cell phone recording, but I'd like you to at least hear some of it. (Keep in mind, I'm not the one who will be doing any of the performing - this 'concert' was just to generate some interest in the music and encourage folks who are willing to help me get it to the stage.) It's a modern day Job (Johb - the guy from the Bible) story.
eta - the montage is longer than this and I'm such an amateur at this whole thing - so it cuts off oddly.
Nice voice Orr, & that’s a rockin’ church band you’ve got! :clap

pennyJo1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
My two peeps from the hatch a couple weeks ago
001.jpg
002.jpg

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
My Coop

I'll test on you guys whether this link works. It's a terrible cell phone recording, but I'd like you to at least hear some of it. (Keep in mind, I'm not the one who will be doing any of the performing - this 'concert' was just to generate some interest in the music and encourage folks who are willing to help me get it to the stage.) It's a modern day Job (Johb - the guy from the Bible) story.
eta - the montage is longer than this and I'm such an amateur at this whole thing - so it cuts off oddly.
Great job!

So... you did the music and the lyrics?

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
My Coop
There are 15 songs. I did the music for all, and lyrics for 11 of the songs - my friend Kate did the other four (quite beautifully, I might add) but the video cuts one of hers and two more snippets off. 🥴
Very nice!

The first one sounds Eagles-esque to me.

orrpeople

Grading essays - be back soon!
5 Years
Jun 15, 2016
State of Jefferson
Very nice!

The first one sounds Eagles-esque to me.
Yep - it's definitely in my 50-something-year-old classic rock wheelhouse! As I was writing, I was always reminding myself there's no new chord progression - just write the song that says what you want it to say and that will be enough. (Although I did write the main Pocahontas theme to one of Kate's lovely lyrics inadvertently...and had to do some revision!! :gigApologies to Disney.)

Top Bottom