Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

If I get to lay in til 7 a.m. I feel like I got to sleep all day!

Poor Al!!! We've had some weather fun here too but nothing like you! :eek:
We only got around a foot total. Quit snowing by shortly after dawn but the wind was already picking up and was gusting close to 50 by noon. We hit our high in the morning and dropped all day. Won't discuss the windchill. Tonight we have a clear sky, calm wind and a dead cold. It was not fun but with shovels and snowthrowers we dug everything out of the drifts except the dryway but we'll do that tomorrow. No hurry because the road is still drifted in anyway. Just because we bought a brand new generator we never lost power! Not complaining mind you, I was NOT looking forward to putting a bunch of half grown chicks into the front room. Temps aren't supposed to break zero tomorrow so it'll be an inside day. Guess I can't put off digging out the creche's and stuff. I don't go crazy with the decorating like I used to. Now that it's just the two of us, we spend our Christmas' a lot quieter and focusing more on the true reason for the season. We will have one wonderful day this year tho. All of DH's kids, grandkids and even a great grand child will be coming on the 18th. There is a small community center not far from us (same one they rented for their dad's 80th 2 years ago-he's 12 yrs older than me) and they rented it again for the family Christmas party! Those long roadtrips are too rough on DH's bad knees and we have no one to watch the animals so we've not been able to make it to the gathering for several years so they decided to bring the party to us this year!!! My family was here last month which was wonderful. Mine are scattered far further afield so it was so great to see them again and to meet the soon to be new grandson-in-law. His family are all a great bunch of kids so I know it will be a fun time. Shaping up to be a good truly old fashioned north country Christmas like we haven't had for many years.
I am super glad they will all gather together.

Well..... turns out we forgot, and in the dark and excitement forgot to check...

And... left the stove on..... Power came back on in the middle of the night with the stove on high and an empty pot on the burner.

Anyway.... eldest got up in the middle of the night and turned off all lights AND the stove.

Pot is worse for wear... but otherwise all good.

Well..... turns out we forgot, and in the dark and excitement forgot to check...

And... left the stove on..... Power came back on in the middle of the night with the stove on high and an empty pot on the burner.

Anyway.... eldest got up in the middle of the night and turned off all lights AND the stove.

That’s terrifying! Geeze that could’ve been bad. What a great way to count your blessings while being otherwise inundated. :hugs

So glad your Safe.

:lau

SmartSelect_20211207-114325_Email.jpg

Back
Top Bottom