1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WVduckchick, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    Yep, still funny 20 minutes later! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Sorry - meant to post when I got home with him and forgot -- he's not the best at letting you take photos (too anxious to get close to you so not so good at sitting and waiting for you to take a picture) -- but he did come home with a smashing new tie on his collar:
    [​IMG]

BDD was jealous of my attention to LDD (and the fact that he was sitting close to her ducky toy) and planted herself in front of the camera
    [​IMG]

There are so many people I think would be fun to meet in person - but even when the opportunity comes up I am hard pressed to make myself do it. I suffer horrible social anxiety, so online places like this are heaven sent for me. Times when I do force myself to go to something I do so wanting to have a good time and determined that it will be different, and it usually ends up the same -- me going home disappointed and thinking of all the things I wish I had said and regreetting the whole mess.....plus being so quiet and reserved often ends up being judged as being snobby or b****y

Oh, that picture! That is one cool dog.
    Good to hear the car is fixed -- and that it was something pretty quick and easy.

[​IMG]
    Like the way you think!

3 people like this.
  3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    Adorable babies! Love the tie :D I would never guessed you for one with social anxieties, but I know what you mean. You just never know what you might walk into. Luckily today was a nice day!

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    So, today while I was gone to work DH had a friend out to the place (not planned, DH was using my truck today, ended up having trouble and had to ask buddy for a ride home) -- said friend wanted to meet the chickens and see the coop, etc. How sad is it that I was more upset at the thought of someone seeing my "dirty coop" (Sundays are my coop chore day) than the possibility of him going into the house when I hadn't had a chance to tidy before leaving for work..........

1 person likes this.
  5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I seriously doubt that the 'Pond Scum' has any interest in being judgmental of others. This group is pretty much, 'what you see is what you get'. I like the lack of pretention.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Sour, we can't afford to be pretentious... heck, most of us can't even afford to pay attention, much less anything........

Squirrel!!!!!

2 people like this.
  7. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    What kind of dog is LDD? Wow, those ears on BDD!! They're both great looking dogs. Thanks for sharing.

Couldn't agree more!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Where?

9. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Ran right past the pond!! I think it tagged a duck too!!!

10. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    sure it didn't goose a duck?
    it's that kind of a crowd.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by