Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

My wife bumped my hand and caused my to post long before i was ready...... but the truth is things aren't looking good at all.
Rachel (donrea) is home.
She didn't want to die in a hospital.
I'm sorry I can't quit crying...... good night

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I'm so sorry Phil :hugs

Sigh, I might get out of rabbits before I've really gotten into them.

The doe kindled today - two stillborn babies :( I feel bad for her and I'm disappointed. I have no buck to try breeding her to again because my buck still hasn't shown back up. And I did find someone who breeds these guys and would have a buck available but she lives two and half hours away and to be honest, I just don't feel like going that far.

I dunno, I'm pretty disheartened. Feeling like I'll maybe try to rehome this doe and use the hutch I built as a chick grow out pen for now, and maybe think about getting into rabbits again down the road. Maybe something like angoras or lops, which seem to be more plentiful in my area.

:hugs That is discouraging. I'm with K, though, get ya another buck & keep trying. You went to some trouble getting to this point. May as well keep going. :hugs

Hey all. Dad is doing better so we decided to go camping in Southern CO and see the kids for a couple days. I'm exhausted, and beyond stressed to the point of being numb.

First chart I opened today I got the dreaded pop up "You are entering the chart of a deceased patient. Are you sure you want to continue?" Not what I needed.

But it does put things in perspective. No matter how hard things are, someone out there has it worse. Sometimes comfort is all that can be offered.

It will be good to get away for a bit.

:hugs Have fun & be safe!!

Good morning Pondies!

Starting off beautiful here and this evening we're in store for severe storms with 80 mph winds and possible hail. Blech!

long day for me yesterday, when it was supposed to be a relaxing holiday day off work. Ugh.

My wife bumped my hand and caused my to post long before i was ready...... but the truth is things aren't looking good at all.
Rachel (donrea) is home.
She didn't want to die in a hospital.
I'm sorry I can't quit crying...... good night

:hugs tears and prayers here too.

I'm so sorry Phil :hugs

Sigh, I might get out of rabbits before I've really gotten into them.

The doe kindled today - two stillborn babies :( I feel bad for her and I'm disappointed. I have no buck to try breeding her to again because my buck still hasn't shown back up. And I did find someone who breeds these guys and would have a buck available but she lives two and half hours away and to be honest, I just don't feel like going that far.

I dunno, I'm pretty disheartened. Feeling like I'll maybe try to rehome this doe and use the hutch I built as a chick grow out pen for now, and maybe think about getting into rabbits again down the road. Maybe something like angoras or lops, which seem to be more plentiful in my area.

major bummer. good luck with whatever you choose to do. i think K has a good point, probably the stress of the move was too much for her. :hugs
are bucks easier to find like roosters? I'm drowning in roosters.

Sadly things must change . Would I change some things that have passed if I could of course . I walk toward the future knowing that many things will change some will be bad some good . Some we can control some we can't . if we are to continue our life journey we must except them . I wish I could tell you that it will be ok but I cannot and the hardest part is yet to come . I will tell you that once the peak is reached and the hardest part is past.Then time will soften the pain and the good memories will float to the top . Either way you got FOT Friends on tap :hugs Call Ravyn she don't sleep neither .You know till now I thought ravyns roosted at night :confused:

You got the strangest color I ever saw on a duck:lau

I don't do ducks . Yet

you never cease to amaze me with words of wisdom. Love ya brother.

Hey all. Dad is doing better so we decided to go camping in Southern CO and see the kids for a couple days. I'm exhausted, and beyond stressed to the point of being numb.

First chart I opened today I got the dreaded pop up "You are entering the chart of a deceased patient. Are you sure you want to continue?" Not what I needed.

But it does put things in perspective. No matter how hard things are, someone out there has it worse. Sometimes comfort is all that can be offered.

It will be good to get away for a bit.

Sounds like an excellent plan. Sorry for the rough day, but glad Dad is well enough for you to venture out.

Market has bottomed out here...

here too. :( RK had ducklings for a couple dollars a piece i think. So many full bins there, and the TSCs stores have nothing now. guess they were smarter.

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

:hugs That is discouraging. I'm with K, though, get ya another buck & keep trying. You went to some trouble getting to this point. May as well keep going. :hugs

:hugs Have fun & be safe!!

Good morning Pondies!

Starting off beautiful here and this evening we're in store for severe storms with 80 mph winds and possible hail. Blech!

stay safe in those storms Deb!

Back
Top Bottom