Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WVduckchick, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Just got home. Ken took me up to Billings for a lovely lunch and a little shopping. It was wonderful. He got a new gas grill and a $50.00 pair of sunglasses. I got a bottle of iced tea. Hmmm

Katie, Jen, Kendra and Evan brought me flowers and cards this morning. Better check the rest of BYC and the see what he wants me to toss on the new grill for supper.

2. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Gorgeous!!

Sounds a little out of kilter... At least make him cook! :D

3. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

:confused:

X2!!!

4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Aw, this is just kinda how we roll. I don't need anything - he did. As far as tossing something on the grill, truth be told all I do is prep it with whatever seasonings we might want, and he does the cooking. Just checking to see if you were awake! [​IMG]

5. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    :gig

Of course she's awake... the question would be is what number of Turkey she is on... ;)

6. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Blooie, you are too funny. No way was I cooking tonight-so we had leftovers. [​IMG] DH did bring me breakfast in bed though, with flowers from the yard and packed our picnic. It's all good.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Princess had a matinee performance of "August: Osage County" today. She is one mean 'B' in this play. Even scares me. [​IMG] No chance of getting in any restaurants today and I didn't prepare anything for cooking so we stopped at a local hamburger stand.

8. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    So how was the play, Sour?

9. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Well I had to do all the running with hubby for his mother's day, I didn't even get to see my son (we had dinner Friday evening) and didn't get to do anything "I" wanted to do, really. But he is frying some zucchini for me as I type, so I might let him slide. ;)

Has Ken every watched the chef Michael Smith? I say he's my hubby's man-crush :D

Oh, large turkey #2, well 2-1/2 actually :gig

1 person likes this.
  10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    She played 'Ethel Thayer' in "On Golden Pond" and I thought that was her best performance ever. This performance is more difficult, and probably the best thing that she has ever done. It is definitely an ensemble performance with every member more than pulling their weight. Wish you guys all lived closer so that you could see this play. In my mind's eye it is so far superior to the movie, and that was with Meryl Streep who I think I may love.

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by