Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Funny story.... was gone most of the day yesterday.  Came home, looked outside and noticed the baby coop door was closed.  I had let them out before I left and assumed the wind blew the door closed.  So I went out, and noticed both the cochin/silkie runs and the baby coop doors were closed and latched.  All chicks accounted for.  Later found out that the neighbor ran them all back into the yard and closed them up.  He thought they got out by accident  :lol:   (they have started venturing out into the front yard, through the picket fence, which is fine by me, but looks unusual to them!)  So at least my neighbors are watching out for my birds! 

That's a really good neighbor!

Tempting, but not really much of an option - and I really do want to go, I think.....
Long story short - I have a sister (dad's first marriage) whom I have not seen in over 20 years. We grew up sort of together - same small town, she spent lots of time with our family, we went on vacations together, etc but she is considerably older than I am and graduated and moved away while I was still fairly young....then, when my dad died, I developed some very hard feelings towards her (mostly misdirected I now realize). There was a very long period, 10+ years, where we didn't even speak (my choice - one which I have come to regret with time, maturity and reflection). We have been on friendly terms for probably ten years now I guess as far as we do speak - e-mail, letters, cards, etc. We have talked about visiting each other but I have always managed to talk myself out of it before the time actually comes - I *want* to see her, it's just the actual making myself take that first big step if that makes sense. Well, my daughter decided she wants to meet her aunt (they are two peas in a pod and have gotten to know each other as well as you can without meeting over the last several years) and so she planned a visit and asked me to please go with her.......so, tomorrow DD is driving down here and after I get off work she and I are setting off for Mississippi......that is if I ever manage to make myself pack.
You've got this! I have total faith in you. And you've done something most of us would have had a harder time recognizing, let alone repairing, so hold that head up and head for the Magnolia State!!

Tempting, but not really much of an option - and I really do want to go, I think.....
Long story short - I have a sister (dad's first marriage) whom I have not seen in over 20 years. We grew up sort of together - same small town, she spent lots of time with our family, we went on vacations together, etc but she is considerably older than I am and graduated and moved away while I was still fairly young....then, when my dad died, I developed some very hard feelings towards her (mostly misdirected I now realize). There was a very long period, 10+ years, where we didn't even speak (my choice - one which I have come to regret with time, maturity and reflection). We have been on friendly terms for probably ten years now I guess as far as we do speak - e-mail, letters, cards, etc. We have talked about visiting each other but I have always managed to talk myself out of it before the time actually comes - I *want* to see her, it's just the actual making myself take that first big step if that makes sense. Well, my daughter decided she wants to meet her aunt (they are two peas in a pod and have gotten to know each other as well as you can without meeting over the last several years) and so she planned a visit and asked me to please go with her.......so, tomorrow DD is driving down here and after I get off work she and I are setting off for Mississippi......that is if I ever manage to make myself pack.

Definitely GO and ENJOY! Look at it this way, this trip should either make it or break it for later years.

Good luck!

Long story short - I have a sister (dad's first marriage) whom I have not seen in over 20 years.  We grew up sort of together - same small town, she spent lots of time with our family, we went on vacations together, etc but she is considerably older than I am and graduated and moved away while I was still fairly young....then, when my dad died, I developed some very hard feelings towards her (mostly misdirected I now realize).   There was a very long period, 10+ years, where we didn't even speak (my choice - one which I have come to regret with time, maturity and reflection).  We have been on friendly terms for probably ten years now I guess as far as we do speak - e-mail, letters, cards, etc.  We have talked about visiting each other but I have always managed to talk myself out of it before the time actually comes - I *want* to see her, it's just the actual making myself take that first big step if that makes sense.  Well, my daughter decided she wants to meet her aunt (they are two peas in a pod and have gotten to know each other as well as you can without meeting over the last several years) and so she planned a visit and asked me to please go with her.......so, tomorrow DD is driving down here and after I get off work she and I are setting off for Mississippi......that is if I ever manage to make myself pack.

Ah, that's not too bad surely? At least if you try, that's all you can do. Not knowing how things will work out may be as much of an issue as anything else.

Carpe diem, I say!

Who knows, you might actually enjoy yourself and if nothing else, you will have taken one for the team for your daughter :)

Seems our collective wisdom has dealt with your dithering - get packing (maybe include a hip flask though :))

Dinner looks delicious! Read thru part of this thread. Mind if I join?

:frow

:hugs

Hop in, the water is perfect! :gig

Funny story.... was gone most of the day yesterday.  Came home, looked outside and noticed the baby coop door was closed.  I had let them out before I left and assumed the wind blew the door closed.  So I went out, and noticed both the cochin/silkie runs and the baby coop doors were closed and latched.  All chicks accounted for.  Later found out that the neighbor ran them all back into the yard and closed them up.  He thought they got out by accident  :lol:   (they have started venturing out into the front yard, through the picket fence, which is fine by me, but looks unusual to them!)  So at least my neighbors are watching out for my birds! 

Well, maybe you have a volunteer chickensitter now, lol...

Long story short - I have a sister (dad's first marriage) whom I have not seen in over 20 years.  We grew up sort of together - same small town, she spent lots of time with our family, we went on vacations together, etc but she is considerably older than I am and graduated and moved away while I was still fairly young....then, when my dad died, I developed some very hard feelings towards her (mostly misdirected I now realize).   There was a very long period, 10+ years, where we didn't even speak (my choice - one which I have come to regret with time, maturity and reflection).  We have been on friendly terms for probably ten years now I guess as far as we do speak - e-mail, letters, cards, etc.  We have talked about visiting each other but I have always managed to talk myself out of it before the time actually comes - I *want* to see her, it's just the actual making myself take that first big step if that makes sense.  Well, my daughter decided she wants to meet her aunt (they are two peas in a pod and have gotten to know each other as well as you can without meeting over the last several years) and so she planned a visit and asked me to please go with her.......so, tomorrow DD is driving down here and after I get off work she and I are setting off for Mississippi......that is if I ever manage to make myself pack.

Totally understand your apprehension... but go and enjoy... :)

frow.gif

hugs.gif

Hop in, the water is perfect!
gig.gif

Well, maybe you have a volunteer chickensitter now, lol...

Yes, actually they are the ones that took care of them for me last summer while I was in SC. And they are always willing to help. Of course, I gained a lot more birds over the winter than they had seen, but ya know how that goes..
gig.gif

Yes, actually they are the ones that took care of them for me last summer while I was in SC.  And they are always willing to help. Of course, I gained a lot more birds over the winter than they had seen, but ya know how that goes..  :gig

What? More?

Nope, still have the same amount as last time... really... you just must not have seen them standing behind the others... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom