Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

"Was"?? Do you not get to do it anymore?
And no reason to hate you. I'm a hunter! Never had the opportunity to waterfowl hunt, and not sure I could, now that I own ducks, but I still understand.

Actually I'm mad at myself, as its already August, and I don't have any trail cams out yet, nor feeders. We mainly hunt whitetails and turkey in our area. Do you do any other hunting?
Do you do any good at turkey hunting?

Maybe once or twice a year with my sons. I've hunted and fished all my life. I was really good at deer hunting but my passion was waterfowl. After my best friend went to the big duck blind in the sky in 2010 it just wasn't the same anymore.

Mike
Now me and his daughter just play frisbee. :).
I still spend a lot of time in the woods just not trying to shoot anything but my camera.

:love can't say I blame you. He looks awesome.

I've only been hunting for about 10 years, and prefer archery season. I hate the bitter cold weather.

Dudley likes to squirrel hunt :D

Do you do any good at turkey hunting?

We have an abundance of turkeys on my camp property now, but that's only been the case for the past few years. I've only taken 2 toms, 13-14" beards, good sized birds. Last one was a couple years ago. 53 yards with a 22 Magnum.

ETA - my first ever was with my bow. :D

Last edited:
We have an abundance of turkeys on my camp property now, but that's only been the case for the past few years. I've only taken 2 toms, 13-14" beards, good sized birds. Last one was a couple years ago. 53 yards with a 22 Magnum.

ETA - my first ever was with my bow. :D
With a bow is pretty impressive. I went out once and was the only turkey making noise. We have some running around the property, might shoot one this year if they are dumb enough to walk past me when I've got a fun.

Good evening people of the pond.  Hope everyone has had a pleasant day.

Oh, I do hope Turk stops by.  Will someone please tell her I said hi?

Deb!! :hugs

With a bow is pretty impressive. I went out once and was the only turkey making noise. We have some running around the property, might shoot one this year if they are dumb enough to walk past me when I've got a fun.

:D I actually got lucky. Was deer hunting and a flock flew in. There must have been 20 of them. I didn't even know where to aim! Texted hubby, he said shoot, so I did. :lol: And I got it on video.

Back
Top Bottom