Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WVduckchick, Apr 29, 2016.

1. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah

I wish we had one around here. But I ended up getting all but 3 young cockerels sold, and they went camping in the ice box.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

And Walnut wonders why I was happier to send pullets with her than sell them off here... :gig

Sorry, I feel your pain on that one...

What breeds are you planning on now??

3. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    night all.

4. So you can spend more time hunting and fishing this year . [​IMG] couldn't deal with the HOA though . Something tells me you won't be there long .

5. Right behind you [​IMG]

6. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    :frow

G'Night...

7. frmboyinthecity

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah

Well, my older daughter started sobbing when she found out I was selling our speckled Sussex hen, because she was her favorite, so I promised that we'd get a little breeding pen of them.

My wife would like some silver wyandottes again, as those were her favorite. So those two breeds are decided. I'm not sure yet on the rest, although I'm pretty sure I'd like Ams again.

I let a 13 year old girl pick out a trio of blues and blacks out of my Ameraucanas I got from Paul Smith, and she already had some Max Strawn birds, so I'm hoping she'll have some pretty good birds if I decide to go that route.

Overall, my chicken ADD is going crazy though.

8. frmboyinthecity

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah

One year lease, so not long at all. And I've got a pig, elk, deer, and turkey hunt already planned and more to come, and I'm working on a big ice fishing trip, so I'll stay busy. :) a lot of my honey do list stayed with the other house!

9. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

That's the part with kids that sucks... ugh, so sorry... I know how hard it is to deal with uprooting and upsetting them like that...

And letting go of the Am's musta been rough, but glad you found a good home for them... blech, I hate moving... :/

10. frmboyinthecity

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah

Those and my silver leghorns were the hardest for me, because they were higher quality breeding and I wanted them to go to someone who would appreciate that.

She just turned 4, so I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but she has had some struggles. But she's really excited she can get a bike now! Before we were on too busy of a road for her to have one safely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by