Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I understand that, and I think you're right, especially with white tails. For so long, the approach was to just shoot the Bucks, but the does were at or near carrying capacity. I have listened to numerous podcasts where biologists recommend exactly what you described.

I was addressing more the common flaw I see with people's opposition to trophy hunting. From a population perspective, it doesn't take as many males to maintain numbers.
No, I had to sell them all before we moved. I really get annoyed with some people who respond to classified ads.

I hunt alot....heck look where i live.
I almost exclusively shoot does and young deer. I pass most bucks up.
I will shoot a buck if i have to because nothing else came in.....that happened a few years ago. Where i live it is best to shoot the younger smaller deer because they are least likely to survive winter. Our winters are pretty brutal most years...last year wasnt too bad. This year we cannot shoot does at all cuz the population is so low....two harsh winters.....too many wolves has lead to low deer populations....plus a DNR that is more worried about moose that can't be hunted then deer.
Most people here could care less about the moose and would rather have the predator population explosion worked on.
Well I've stayed up reading too long - one of the drawbacks of digital library books.

Heading to Denver in the morning to babysit the Grandkids, so I'm off to bed.

Get some sleep night-owls!

I was up late also....the Tiger game game went 15 innings and didn't go off till 3:30 am.....and they lost 6-5....:he

Last edited:

And so it begins.......

Man did i luck out yesterday....i got brand new carpet and padding professionally installed in our dinning room (which we never use) for $75.
Is it nice....it was a friend of mine....struck a deal to help him work on his truck in exchange. All i had to do was pay for a nice piece of carpet from his dad's shop.....he just needs a axle seal he just wants me to help him learn how to do it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom