Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Speaking of soft hearts.... DH has always tried to act all gruff and tough (although no one buys it 😉). Today he took Grandson out to help him set gopher traps, help drive the skid loader to bring the new greenhouse parts up from the shop, and just spend time in the shop together. Well, GS decided that he should bring his Little Tykes workbench to Grandpa’s big shop so he could “help Grampa so much”. DH gave him some nuts, bolts, washers and a couple of wrenches to play with. As of a few minutes ago, the kid had been playing for over an hour and hadn’t left his workbench.

Good morning, pond!
We got quite a bit of yard work done yesterday. More burn piles and trimming up trees.
Our local CalFire unit said, "Hey, while you're all home, maybe you should work on your defensible space!" Well played, CalFire, well played.
Been pretty wet here lately, but we managed to get a lot of firewood trash raked up a few days ago. Well, DW did, anyway: I was splitting & stacking wood for next season.

Good morning Pond. Taking our daily walk, working dogs daily, and the Princess has started her spring 'change' in the house. :barnie

I predict more births, more divorces, more flocks, and more gardens this spring - computer generated projections of the course of this virus are not encouraging.

Got a bit of a situation going on here, and no idea how to handle it.

Trying to do as the Governor suggests by staying home and away from people if I can. Not a biggie, since about the only place I go is the feed store & the bowling alley before it closed a couple weeks ago.

Problem is, one of my best friends, the one I hunt & fish with, drops in every couple weeks to check on me & generally shoot the s**t for a few hours. The guy's pretty lonely, I guess, having lost his wife a year ago. He only had a couple close friends other than me, & they're both dead now; I'm about the only one left.

He came by yesterday. We just sat & talked about hunting & fishing, like usual. He should know better, & probably does, but he's just not thinking. He works in a grocery, surrounded by other employees & customers every day. Hard to tell where they've been or who they've been around. He could easily be a carrier. For that matter, he could have the virus himself & not even know it; lots of people don't.

Here I sit, in the most vulnerable group of them all, over 65, with "underlying medical issues", and an immune system that's shot all to hell thanks to chemo.

How do you tell one of your best friends to stay away? I sure don't have it in me.

@kwhites634 that's a tough one. Think I would have to say, "Ya know I've been reading about this virus. Given my health status I think we should sit out here (wherever outside is possible) and talk." Have chairs spaced apart, have a great talk, carefully sanitize cups etc. after he leaves. Good luck for a resolution . Bottom line is you have to do your best to protect your wife and yourself.

@kwhites634 that's a tough one. Think I would have to say, "Ya know I've been reading about this virus. Given my health status I think we should sit out here (wherever outside is possible) and talk." Have chairs spaced apart, have a great talk, carefully sanitize cups etc. after he leaves. Good luck for a resolution . Bottom line is you have to do your best to protect your wife and yourself.
We've spent time on the front porch, but the weather hasn't been too cooperative recently.

We've spent time on the front porch, but the weather hasn't been too cooperative recently.
Well that sure is tough....

@sourland had good advice... I can't top it.

I find the entire thing panic inducing.

And I just found out that someone in the community has it... and was not self isolating. :barnie

So that is probably it for us... tiny town, if he wasn't being careful... we probably all have it now.

Back
Top Bottom