Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Sadly, I actually couldn't get as many solar panels as I wanted.

The electrical wires up to this area can't handle a big load. It is so much less money to use the "grid" than to use a bank of batteries. Since I want to use the "grid" on the days I produce more than I can use, I had to reduce the number of panels installed so I never risk overloading the old wires.

And nope, they didn't want to upgrade their system, we asked.

So, the setup I am having installed will cover about 52% of my usual energy use. Not as much as I wanted, but a heck better than nothing.

Sadly, I actually couldn't get as many solar panels as I wanted.

The electrical wires up to this area can't handle a big load. It is so much less money to use the "grid" than to use a bank of batteries. Since I want to use the "grid" on the days I produce more than I can use, I had to reduce the number of panels installed so I never risk overloading the old wires.

And nope, they didn't want to upgrade their system, we asked.

So, the setup I am having installed will cover about 52% of my usual energy use. Not as much as I wanted, but a heck better than nothing.
Right on! :clapThat’s more than I thought you’d get. I can’t wait tell we get some on our house. We’re pretty conservative with the electricity, but my bill would still make you barf.

Back
Top Bottom