Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Uh.... no.

That is not snow.

-pat, pat-

Ice balls count as hail. Hail is hard.. See how the stuff in your hands are solid hard ice balls?? That is hail.

Snow is white and fluffy.... it comes from the sky in very soft crystals.... then piles up in mountains that block out the sun.

Like here, at my front door

20210124_121641.jpg

Uh.... no.

That is not snow.

-pat, pat-

Ice balls count as hail. Hail is hard.. See how the stuff in your hands are solid hard ice balls?? That is hail.

Snow is white and fluffy.... it comes from the sky in very soft crystals.... then piles up in mountains that block out the sun.

Like here, at my front door

View attachment 2503230
Ahhhhh.... This explains why it hurt when it was pelting me.

Raining here, and cold. It's the "look" of the sky when we get a little snow. It never snows here when it's below freezing - our snow usually happens at about 39-40 degrees with an inversion layer. (Colder higher in atmosphere so that by the time it lands on our ground, it's pretty slushy.)
It'll snow here in below zero weather...... lake effect.....

I’d never heard the term lake effect before I met you. That’s some seriously crazy stuff!!!
Yes it is. Actually where I live we also get mine effect snow as well. The .mines put so much steam in the air it snows down wind...... but yes that big Lake Superior loves to cover us in that white stuff.

Back
Top Bottom