Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

:eek: Six inches? That’s incredible! Have you ever had that much before?
X2!!

And yes!

6 inches of the wettest, heaviest valley snow - power's out - broken branches - caved-in coops (next time snow is forecast we must remove tarps!) Ugh!! :he

But no school, so that at least has given me time to clean up.

Wet snow is horrifically heavy!

1611777736062.png

DD1’s ballet teacher has had so many pet interruptions, she’s incorporated a show me your pet cam at the end of every class when everybody takes a few minutes to sit & talk stuff over. Apparently the poor woman has a lot of “LOOK OUT AMY, YOUR CAT IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU” moments. I guess remote learning is stressful for the teachers in ways they never could have predicted. 🤣

:eek: Six inches? That’s incredible! Have you ever had that much before?
Every few years we get about this much. The problem is that our valley snow is so heavy we always lose power and trees/branches. The live oaks suffer the most because they have foliage year round. Grey pines also topple over because they tend to be top heavy with more of a tap root than a root system.

Wet snow is horrifically heavy!
You've got that right!! E, son 1 and I had to get under where the snow had caved in the tarp covered coops and push up at the same time to lift it enough to get some of it to slide off. And it doesn't really "slide" off - it sticks mightily to the tarps. Definitely got a work out today!

You've got that right!! E, son 1 and I had to get under where the snow had caved in the tarp covered coops and push up at the same time to lift it enough to get some of it to slide off. And it doesn't really "slide" off - it sticks mightily to the tarps. Definitely got a work out today!
I put welded wire fencing across the top of one of my runs, then tarp over that. Works like a champ. Finally getting to the point that it leaks just a bit in a couple spots, after better than 6 years, maybe close to 10, and the tarp wasn't new then.

Afternoon Pond hecka a day. Took off early first I showered then headed to town bought new tires to look at crossing the pass for a cockerel there so Better half wanted better tires front wheel car .. Bought the tires at les schwab they where to put them on told them we wanted to keep the tires they took off ...
Get there at 11 he tell us the order as we did it .. He got the keys .. Sitting there like 45 minutes I ask how is going ., they put the new tires on the back :he Excuse me what did they order say it is front wheel driven .. New tires on the front Hello.. So they had to change em.. they wondered why I was tad worried:confused:

We both have used Les Schwab for years personally like 40 years they put the order under my name popped up that way BF gave his name they nothing here .. I thought when the older guy said my name when I gave him the number but was a much younger kid .. I think he hoesntly did not know that front wheel drive means put the good ones there

Back
Top Bottom