Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

kids need to know their boundaries...the mom look served me well for 30 years. Even the most outrageous student would respect a fair but tough adult
I have a pretty good relationship with these guys for the most part. They greet me in the hallway and generally act respectful towards me. I realize thing are probably different once my back is turned...

@Alaskan it can get up to 100 here before the official start of summer, but it's a fickle time...the next day could be a high of 65 with rain. (Which, incidentally, is what we're praying for right now!)

Lots to do today and definitely not enough hours. But, sometime this afternoon, one of my dearest friends will be in town for a short visit, so that is something I am eagerly anticipating!

morning friends
A balmy 24o this morning but should rise to 50o + (hopefully) later today. No snow for us til mid week. That's ok, it won't stick for more than a day or two, the ground is mostly thawed now. Super early for us. What we call spring is in full swing already so it's super busy. DH seems to have caught his second wind since receiving the good news pertaining to the cancer scare.
He's already outside using the small tractor to drag some debris left by the loggers into a better pile before the "crew" aka adult children and spouses and boy/girl friends as well as a smattering of grandchildren, great grandchildren and possibly the brand new great great grandchild arrive in mid May to help grandpa/dad clean up the loggers' mess. This was a gathering sort of planned for last summer but of course became not possible. It will be the first trip up here in many years for several of his children and first trip ever for some of the younger ones. I think this latest scare and his eighty second birthday this past week may have made them finally realize it was time to put aside their own lives for a day if they wanted to do something with him and for him before the final gathering.

Back
Top Bottom