Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good Afternoon, Pond!
A bright, sunny day, but windy!

I need someone to talk me down. Due to life happening, rooster is still alive. (Getting ready for kids to come home last weekend, Dr. stuff out of town Monday and Tuesday, and life in general.) Today when I went out to the chickens, I began to wonder if he has mellowed any over the past couple of weeks of isolation, or if he’d attack my hens again if I let him out. I haven’t given in to my curiosity yet. What do you all think? Take the chance or not? What have been your experiences?

Good Afternoon, Pond!

I need someone to talk me down. Due to life happening, rooster is still alive. (Getting ready for kids to come home last weekend, Dr. stuff out of town Monday and Tuesday, and life in general.) Today when I went out to the chickens, I began to wonder if he has mellowed any over the past couple of weeks of isolation, or if he’d attack my hens again if I let him out. I haven’t given in to my curiosity yet. What do you all think? Take the chance or not? What have been your experiences?
I wouldn't let him have access to your girl he hurt earlier. But honestly, I wouldn't try it. If anything his hormones might be raging a bit more than normal - but that said, I know that when I get curious, I usually give in to it.

I seriously wish we lived closer. I have the nicest rooster (named Matthew - yeah, he was the beginning of my New Testament named flock!😊) that I'd just take on over to your place!
IMG_20201208_114202118_HDR.jpg

Just got my Covid shot! I'm now waiting fifteen minutes in the lobby. I had out myself on the Standby list for leftover doses and got a call.
What did you get moderna or Pfizer?

How’s Operation Rescue going?

Good Afternoon, Pond!

I wouldn’t, but that’s just me.

I wouldn't let him have access to your girl he hurt earlier. But honestly, I wouldn't try it. If anything his hormones might be raging a bit more than normal - but that said, I know that when I get curious, I usually give in to it.

I seriously wish we lived closer. I have the nicest rooster (named Matthew - yeah, he was the beginning of my New Testament named flock!😊) that I'd just take on over to your place!
View attachment 2623739
I wish you lived closer, too, because I’d take him in a heartbeat. He’s gorgeous! What kind is he?

I wouldn’t, but that’s just me.
I didn’t. After it got cold and windy out, I didn’t want to be out there babysitting anyway. After coming in and giving it more thought, I don’t want to take a chance on traumatizing my hens again. It would just be so much easier if he wasn’t so pretty! Every night when I lock up the girls and check his food and water, I tell him, “You’re so pretty. It’s too bad you’re such a jerk!” I am getting 10 straight run Delaware Broilers in a few weeks. Maybe one of those would be a nice rooster to keep if he doesn’t turn into the size of a small turkey.

View attachment 2623739
What a gorgeous boy! Is that a quilted shade above him?

Back
Top Bottom