Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Ok....

Is this duck your duck?

Pictures???
Yes, my duck Raleigh. The shyest duck of all time has decided I am a friend. A friend with food. Even when I don’t have any. I have pics somewhere.

In other news. Does the spelling ‘shyest’ look weird to anyone else? The dictionary says ‘shyest’ & ‘shiest’ are both ok. They both look weird to me.

My duck Raleigh. You’d be amazed how tall this duck can stand when she’s looking for you. She looked like an Indian Runner out there tonight staring at me. Scary!

5F62654C-8A61-427F-857F-CFE84638E054.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, miss broody leghorn is now on 14 eggs so heres hoping! I have no idea how the fertility is, I have one rooster and like 30 hens so who knows. I know at least some should be good though, there were some in the batch I put in the Bator that were good. I removed the tea bottle she was setting on this morning and went in this evening and she was bedded down on it again :lau
IMG_20210420_223535008.jpg

And this Australorp has been broody for about two weeks, I haven't given her eggs cause she keeps changing nest boxes :rolleyes:
IMG_20210420_221417581.jpg

And tonight I walked in and found a second broody Australorp. ITS CONTAGIOUS!!!!! :lau:rolleyes:
IMG_20210420_221423637.jpg

Good morning, pond! I hope you have a great Wednesday.

@room onthebroom , it's not weird (but it is funny to hear you describe the process) to "avoid" some birds. We have a Swedish Flower "Caramel" who jumps up on the poop boards so she can be eye level with me while I fill feeders. I made the mistake of giving her some treats once or twice...or a few times... and now I have an addict. So, I sometimes pretend I don't see her, turn my back her direction, busy myself with the feeders and feed sacks, and talk to other birds (real or imaginary) that are on the ground.

Yes, my duck Raleigh. The shyest duck of all time has decided I am a friend. The dictionary says ‘shyest’ & ‘shiest’ are both ok. They both look weird to me.
Scaredy Cat 'our' feral cat of nearly 10 years is the same way. Only with her it is the constant need for attention/affection. Shiest sure looks strange.

Back
Top Bottom