Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Well, look who made it to hatch day!
IMG_20210511_230044571.jpg

I'm excited to see how this one turns out. It's a BLRW roo over a welsummer hen.
IMG_20210511_230137008.jpg

Oh look, ANOTHER broody leghorn. She's been there since yesterday. I'm 2 for 12 on leghorns.
IMG_20210511_233402078.jpg

She'll be getting these, look at that red Welly egg!! :eek::love So sad I don't have a welly roo, I mean, what are the chances I bought STRAIGHT run chicks and ended up with all hens?! :rant:hit
IMG_20210512_000721371.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 2664874

I'm excited to see how this one turns out. It's a BLRW roo over a welsummer hen.
View attachment 2664875

Oh look, ANOTHER broody leghorn. She's been there since yesterday. I'm 2 for 12 on leghorns.
View attachment 2664882

She'll be getting these, look at that red Welly egg!! :eek::love So sad I don't have a welly roo, I mean, what are the chances I bought STRAIGHT run chicks and ended up with all hens?! :rant:hit
View attachment 2664885
Super dark Wellie egg. Nice!

View attachment 2664874

View attachment 2664875

View attachment 2664882

View attachment 2664885

You never get roosters when you actually want one. It's only when you don't!

I hatched Tomaru longcrowers, the point of the breed of course being the roosters' long crows.

All pullets.

At least with the Laughing Chickens I do have two cockerels. No crowing yet though.

I moved broodies around last night. We came home to 5 of them. So... resurrected the old horse trailer coop/yard as a broody jail and threw a few in there, cleared out a different coop and put the actual "setters" in that one. One of those girls didn't look like she was happy w the arrangement, so those eggs may be lost. But I don't need any more chicks!!

Back
Top Bottom