Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

@Alaskan

I thought of you yesterday when I was having to pay $185.00 for a plumber to disconnect the water and garbage disposal and if he waited till the counter top was in place I would have to pay $225.00 an hour.

I still have to find someone to put the garbage disposal and faucet in as the company that disconnected it wants $395.00 to come back to install them.

I'm going to try to find someone else to install the faucet and garbage disposal.

@Alaskan

I thought of you yesterday when I was having to pay $185.00 for a plumber to disconnect the water and garbage disposal and if he waited till the counter top was in place I would have to pay $225.00 an hour.

I still have to find someone to put the garbage disposal and faucet in as the company that disconnected it wants $395.00 to come back to install them.

I'm going to try to find someone else to install the faucet and garbage disposal.
:eek: I sure wish you lived close!! My kids could put that together for you, no problems! Recently they replaced our garbage disposal, and they also replaced the sprayer attachment for a neighbor. Great jobs, no leaks.

So YES, it took over 3 hours.... and I haven't yet gotten the bill :oops: :hit

BUT, WOWSERS IT WORKS!!!!! For the first time in years!!!!! I now can wash my hands in WARM water! Do you know how hard it is to get actually clean hands when you wash them in ice water?

And last night, I decided to shower.... and I showered when **I** felt like it!!! It was blissful.
I am trying to keep that in mind for when the bill shows up.

Wet and yucky here for me. I'll be sharing this lovely incoming cold with @BullChick . Good news though, 1 more week of work then I'm done till April!

:lau ar first read i thought you said "I'll be sharing this lovely incoming cold with @BullChick . Good news though, 1 more week of this weather then I'm done till April!

I still have not turned on any heat. I might have to tomorrow and Monday since it’s going to be cold day and night, but then it’ll be warm again.

Neither have we. We're trying to hold off as long as possible. That mid winter oil refill is NOT going to be cheap. We'll be using a propane heater to supplement.

My mother was freezing the entire time she was here. For some reason people from colder climates are always cold here.

She had 3 thick blankets on her bed (one of them like a double blanket with the fleece on one side & the sherpa on the other) and she was using them all. We were in shorts & she was wearing a down coat inside my house.

I lit a fire for her every night, but there was no way I was turning the heater on when it’s 74* inside my house. 🙄

Back
Top Bottom