Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

MORNING EVERYONE!
bad morning.jpg

Way too far behind to try, can someone please give me a "Reader's Digest" version of what I've missed????

I'm grounded for a bit. Sick pup sleeping on my lap. Poor baby is in pain but we can't give her any pain meds and risk triggering vomiting.
Had a scary emergency run to vet yesterday with a very painful, lethargic etc. little girl thinking all of the possible scenarios all the way there, of course, and preparing my heart for the worst. Nothing to take lightly, but not nearly as bad as I was envisioning when my vet discovered enlarged lymph nodes. Anyway, it was caught quickly so likely she will fully recover with little (or hopefully no) damage to any organs and firm scolding to my well meaning DH. We rarely eat beef, other than my DH's fondest for burgers, but it was unusually chilly over the weekend. I remembered a roast in the freezer that probably should be cooked up soon and thought it would be a good way to warm up the house on Sunday. Unknown to me the soft touch DH decided to feed our senior girl all his fat trimmings along with bits of roast. Monday morning seemed to be ok, just a bit slower, wrote it off to the weather. DH shared shared a bite or two of his dinner burger (more fatty meat), and by bedtime she had a bloated tummy and clearly "not right". Tuesday morning far worse and it was clear it was not just an upset tummy. By Tuesday afternoon I was carrying my pup outside to pee. It was like trying to potty train a lawn ornament! I didn't understand at the time why, but I would sit her down and there she would stay, not moving to the point she barely blinked! Later I realized it was because she was so painful. I was now on the phone to our vet. They know me well and aware I am not one to panic at nonsense, so they double booked me in first thing yesterday morning. (they are so busy that they stopped taking new patients months ago). The vet ran a CBC and chem panel and we had our answer. Whew! Not great, but far from the worst. Turns out it's an acute attack of Pancreatitis. Vet gave her a shot for pain and sent us home with anti-vomit meds, bland diet instructions and strict warnings what to watch for. So here I am taking care of my pup and catching up with all of you.

Last edited:
Way too far behind to try, can someone please give me a "Reader's Digest" version of what I've missed????

I'm grounded for a bit. Sick pup sleeping on my lap. Poor baby is in pain but we can't give her any pain meds and risk triggering vomiting.
Had a scary emergency run to vet yesterday with a very painful, lethargic etc. little girl thinking all of the possible scenarios all the way there, of course, and preparing my heart for the worst. Nothing to take lightly, but not nearly as bad as I was envisioning when my vet discovered enlarged lymph nodes. Anyway, it was caught quickly so likely she will fully recover with little (or hopefully no) damage to any organs and firm scolding to my well meaning DH. We rarely eat beef, other than my DH's fondest for burgers, but it was unusually chilly over the weekend. I remembered a roast in the freezer that probably should be cooked up soon and thought it would be a good way to warm up the house on Sunday. Unknown to me the soft touch DH decided to feed our senior girl all his fat trimmings along with bits of roast. Monday morning seemed to be ok, just a bit slower, wrote it off to the weather. DH shared shared a bite or two of his dinner burger (more fatty meat), and by bedtime she had a bloated tummy and clearly "not right". Tuesday morning far worse and it was clear it was not just an upset tummy. By Tuesday afternoon I was carrying my pup outside to pee. It was like trying to potty train a lawn ornament! I didn't understand at the time why, but I would sit her down and there she would stay, not moving to the point she barely blinked! Later I realized it was because she was so painful. I was now on the phone to our vet. They know me well and aware I am not one to panic at nonsense, so they double booked me in first thing yesterday morning. (they are so busy that they stopped taking new patients months ago). The vet ran a CBC and chem panel and we had our answer. Whew! Not great, but far from the worst. Turns out it's an acute attack of Pancreatitis. Vet gave her a shot for pain and sent us home with anti-vomit meds, bland diet instructions and strict warnings what to watch for. So here I am taking care of my pup and catching up with all of you.
Too much excitement.

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom